Pattaya Hotels

Has the "new" AA opened for business yet?

If so, have you managed to take a look around?

I was at the Lek Hotel overlooking the new building back in June last year when they were (I thought) nearing completion.

Any info would be usefull as I'm probably heading back this July.

As AlF so accurately states Soi 13 is now a major construction zone. I checked into the new AA on the evening of March 4 and checked out the next morning just as soon as I could find another place to stay. Promptly at 08:00 trucks pulled on to the construction site W. of the AA and started unloading equipment and materials. Shortly the pile drivers started on the other site which is the property just to the E. of The Haven Hotel.

I moved to the newish Eastiny Place Hotel on Soi 8 near 2nd Road and stayed there 6 nights. The AA looks to be a good bet in the future but not until the construction is finished. They did offer me a room on the other side of the hotel which they said was quiet but I didn't feel like testing their statement.

To put it simply, AVOID Soi 13 hotels until further notice.

-redwood

Yes, the AA Inn offered me the room at 1000 Baht discounted from 1200 and the smaller rooms were 800. Of course I had to discover for myself (the next morning) the reason for the readily available discount :-)

And, they do have cable TV in each room.

There's also a pool which I didn't check out and a buffet breadfast is available for what appeared to be a reasonable price (though I don't remember exactly what it was).

Lock boxes at the desk.

-redwood

I thought the Apex was cool. Nice marble lobby, pool, good 85 baht breakfast buffet, mini bar, room service. TV, AC etc...

Stayed in the new wing for 500 baht. Not the oriental but for the price? Also good guest policy and security, and good location

On the new AA Pattaya Residence AYCE buffet breakfast, the cost is 85 Baht like the Apex, Diana Inn and Lek but a few friends have told me that it's better. And there are no flies on the food as happens often with the Lek buffet breakfast.

Archived