Residential areas

phiketpete

A question forthe old hands on the board.

currently I live in the Sukhumvit area. Nice apartment, good location but also expensive.

It suits me fine for now handy for business and nightlife. However at somestage I want to settle down a bit more and move to a quieter,cheaper neighbourhood.

due to constant travel outside of Thailand i have not had much of a chance to explore the outer reaches of the city.

Any suggestions?

I don't suppose I qualify as an oldhand, but in the absence of other posts here goes.

I live in Nonthaburi 40 minutes to Silom Rd

1 and 1/2 hours to Kanchanaburi. A house with garden and 2 bedrooms parking for 3 cars and security on the "village gates".

All this for 11000 Baht a month. (Handy for the river express and DonMuang too) Air is cleaner here as well. You might give it a thought. House prices start at about 2 mil.

on sukhumvit the most expensive area is from asoke to ekamai; from there as further east you go, as cheaper it is.

why not moving closer to the airport? there are large residential areas in lat prao, ram inthra, chaeng wattana, along pahonyotin and in nonthaburi.

for such kind of expat farangs, who want to stay among themselves, there are large expat getthos in suburban areas like nichada (chaengwattana), floraville (rama 9) etc.

I live out in Rangsit, past the airport, it might sound miles from anywhere but with the express ways can be in Sukhumvit in 30 mins.

3 bedroom 2 bathroom single storey house with big garden and garage, security on the entrance to the village 12000 baht per month.....not bad considering i used to pay that for one room on Sukhumvit!!!

To "coquetislander" and "Roger":

Thanks for the info. Could you please e-mail the names/addresses of your "villages" and/or comparable ones near you. I will be looking for similar accomodations in June.

Thanks

Archived