XP Serious Error

SUZIBANDIT

I was just reading the board when my com went blank and then restarted.

The Xp Pro Error message said a serious error had just been corrected.

The error message report said this:

Error Signature

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : 80000003 BCP2 : 8059B4F7 BCP3 : F394DCC4

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Any idea what the hell happened??

Yeh, could be a number of things, we would need a bit more information. Have you installed any new software recently? Do you have upto date virus protection. Are all your case and CPU fans operating correctly (overheating often causes re-boots). Does it happen often?

Haven't installed anything new. Just the regular Microsoft updates.

I do have up to date virus protection, just updated in the past two days.

I believe the fans are operating. I thought about heat as the problem, but now that I got this error message I doubt it.

And it isn't that hot. I have air and I am not doing any graphics intense work.

The error message above was received one time, since then, it has been randomly freezing and rebooting.

I noticed on annoyannces.org, that two other guys are having the same problem. The posts were from earlier this week.

I'm worried I have some new virsus, but I have no factual proof.

While there are many potential causes, based on your description I suspect you have a hardware problem. This could be difficult to isolate. One thing I would do is enable any extended POST available in your BIOS (for faster startup, usually most POST tests are bypassed). Other than that, I would try Google searches based on your motherboard type and the symptoms like "freezing" and "rebooting" rather than the single occurrence blue screen message (which probably is not a useful indicator of what is going on).

Archived