Marriott Phuket

dsab

Hey,

going down to Phuket for a few days next weekend. I got via Priceline the 5* Marriott Resort for 48 USD a night. I know this is a bargain, and that it is away from any tourist area, what suits us well. It is at Thalang Beach as far as I know, north of the airport.

But does anyone have any first hand experience how the hotel itself is?

THX,

Daniel

May this year I stayed in a "time share" apartment there. The accommodation is fabulous( don't know about the rooms). The swimming pools are very nice and so is the food( a bit expensive). Avis has an office in the hotel. Rent a car and drive around the island or play golf at Blue Canyon, a fabulous course. The beach is very close but very steep and rough seas, not suitable for swimming.

All in all it is a very nice place to spend a few days/nights with a sweet little "peanut".

I'm sure its a great place to take a honey, but very isolated from all the 'action' if you want to hit the clubs, bars or tourist areas (maybe a 30-40 minute drive to Patong). And even though you may get a great deal on the room, be prepared to pay dearly for meals.

I stayed at the Sheraton Laguna once which was maybe the nicest resort I've ever stayed at. Great place! The food was very good too, but expensive (outragously so by Thai standards). Unfortunately there weren't many options nearby (the one exception was a great little Italian joint just outside the Laguna properties - can't remeber the name but they would even picked me up from the Sheraton and drove me back for no charge).

Archived