Narai hotel

Does anybody now something about he Narai hotel, I mean about Location (patpong) guest policy, internet address, price and others interesting items. wink.gif" border="0

Hello,

http://www.narai.com/

Tel: +662 237-0100 up to -0139

Fax: +662 236-7161

Web page is pretty thorough with pictures of the pool area also. Standard prices are on the web.

Location is not the greatest for Patpong (even though it is on the same road). It is about 1.5 kms walk, crossing a major road. Too far to walk on a hot night, slow to move by taxi in traffic. Easy to get to/from the airport with the new Expressway that crosses Sathorn and Silom in that area.

An older hotel, has had renovation in the past few years to upgrade the interior, at least the lobby area is nice. Rooms were standard, clean and functional.

Last I heard, the night security were very strict about making sure your "guest" was registered, and an appropriate fee paid.

Tend to get their main business from packaged tours, meaning Asian tour groups and their associated good/bad points.

The Narai Pizzaria is a nice restaurant in the front of the hotel.

Nice to accomadate you. wink.gif" border="0

I sometimes stay at the Narai and usually get it for about 1600 baht (inclu breakfast & all the taxes) thru a travel agent called "Royal Exclusive Travel". They have a web site (do a search) and you can make the booking by email or telephone. Their office is on Silom road. They also have some good prices for other hotels on their web site.

If you ask for a room on the no-smoking floor, you will get a better quality room.

It is hit or miss with the guests at Narai. Sometimes security stops you and sometimes not. Sometimes they require joiners fee ... sometimes not.

The overnight joiners fee is 1000 baht !!!

Archived