Respect for pregnant women in Thai

think_too_mut

Now that my gf's pregnancy is visible, the whole environment appears to be turning into smiles and "how may I help you".

No more turnstiles at Sky Train for her, never standing up for more than few seconds, in Post Office they get her to jump the queue, unknown people when standing next to us (i.e. waiting on lifts) would wish good luck...

All with smiles, we appear to be attracting more of "measure taking" looks than before but, somehow, I think lots of friendliness and understanding radiates through.

I still have to hear of people who don't respect pregnancy but, with people they don't know, IMO Thais are going further in expressing their compassion.

Wait till the baby is born and you will see another good side of Thai people that is so different to our cultures, You will have people you do not know wanting to look and hold your baby all the time, shopping and other places in public is never going to be the same anymore, ::

Sorry, but have you been with pregnant women in other countries? I have found this to be pretty universal
I have been with pregnant women in two other countries and its not the same as in Thailand, with pregnant women and especaily young kids Thai people have a much better caring attitude and an interest to people they do not know or have never meet before, have you got any kids here in Thailand ??

Guest lazyphil

<<Thai's good traits how they love kids and all the attention that they give to them and I appreciate it, >>

Me too--Thais have a knack with kids and speaking from experience in LOS and the UK--on the whole Thais are much more playful/tender with young children than falang but of course there are exceptions in both.

Says racha:

Wait till the baby is born and you will see another good side of Thai people that is so different to our cultures, You will have people you do not know wanting to look and hold your baby all the time, shopping and other places in public is never going to be the same anymore, ::

Hi Racha,

I totally agree with you on this statement. It's truely amazing.

Also this statement by you is completely in my line;

I know what you mean, I have a friend who hates all the attention from people he does not know picking up his kids,

Myself I think its one of the Thai's good traits how they love kids and all the attention that they give to them and I appreciate it

It is very different than anything I know from back in Europe.

Archived