New US $20.00 notes

Soi11

Have not heard of any problems with the new series (big face) bills. Is this something new ?

I used to have a list of the nono years ...... think it was '92 $100s and '96 $50s that were high on the nono list, even the banks wouldn't touch them.... unless you wanted to wait 6 weeks while they were sent to the States for verification.

Of course that was before the digipens and all those nice new detection gadgets. :grinyes:

BTW, I read somewhere long ago, that there is so much counterfeit money in circulation, the it probably accounts for up to 20% of the actual US cash in circulation outsde the US. Mind you most of it is held illegally.... so.....??? Wonder if Saddams caches were real ?

Story I got at the time was that there was huge load of 'queer' that had been made on almost 'real' paper and produced in Malaysia. My favourite money changer in CM went into absolute panic .......... because even the banks wouldn't touch that series. He spent weeks going through 'personal' stash to insure he didn't have any. hahahahaha He ended up giving me some to bring back and change here for him. :grinyes::beer:

Archived