GOOD MORNING...

>>>in your mood a requiem isn't good, try something merry!<<<

requiems are excellent when you not far from putting the warpaint on - i am not an implosive person, i am rather explosive. ::

and i think requiems are very merry - the bliss of libera me and in paradisum...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you felt comfortable enough to vent here. I too have such series of annoyances commonly. I deny having a persecution complex :cover::shhh:, but it sure feels as if I have more than my share. I know that it's nothing personal, just physical. ::

I'm not a total slack-jawed mindless positive thinker, but those guys do have some things right.

My karma (not a technically correct application of the term, but it works for me) is so negative, I've found ways to work with it, ie:

...my phone has been cut....

so, no annoying phone calls

...british friend throws up at my doorstep....

imagine what your unwanted guests will have to go through when they come to your door. You'll know who your real friends are.

...customs bill for a CD shipment worth 3600 for which i am suppsed to pay 1500 baht....

Tough one. When it happens to me, it does remind me that my material possessions come with a dear price. I don't live a spartan existance, but don't collect a lot of junk for that reason. A man needs his music, and computer data, though. ::

My life is almost predictable because of the crap it dishes out. I'm seriously considering taking notes, a little "negative karma" diary. It would be filled with some very humorous stories.

Take care bro, :up:

Says pattaya127:

listening to one of my new CD's - faure's requiem.

--------------------------

wonderful! This is one requiem that is more heavenly than morbid. Who are the performers?

i guess it's not one of the high profile recordings - it's both faure's and durufle's requiems, philharmonia orchestre, lucia popp, sigmund nimsgern, the ambrosian singers. but it only cost 6 dollar something. very heavenly, sweet, not as teutonic bombastic as brahms 'deutsches requiem' or heavily emotional as dvorzak's.

anyhow, i am not really a professional listener, so i can perfectly listen to that recording and be bewitched by it.

right now it's telemann's musique de table - i love to wake up to baroque.

Archived