Dutchman gaoled

snowball

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says SOONGMAK:

crossing the thai cambodian border and getting picked up with a private helicopter...

No shit! :o Only read one little tiny articel about this story when it happend. They never mentioned a private helicopter, damn the Duisenberg family.. bunch of stinking hypocrites.

Different types of cases al together.

One was a guy caught in possession of a few grams, for which bail is almost always granted. The other one (this one) was caught with an amount for dealing and/or exporting. Not just a few grams. For drg dealing cases Thailand almost never grants bail. Not to their own citizens and not to foreign citizens either.

Most foreigners out on bail will jump it by leaving the country.

Everybody body happy. The Thai authority doesn't keeps the bail bond and doesn't have the cost of providing and the foreigner stays out of jail.

But for big cases one stays in custody until the courts have had their due process.

The BIG escape of the guy in question by the way was not so big at all. No helicopters or other romantic actions you see in newspapers. Just a quiet trip to Cambodia and from there on by normal planes, train and automobiles back to the West.

Oh, and no Embassy will ever guarantee that one of their countryman out on bail will return in time for court proceedings. It's a Thai case in Thai courts and such responsibility lies and remains with the Thai Authorities.

Last evening i picked up a book i ordered at the library. It's called "forget you had a daughter". Featuring Sandra Gregory who is detained at Lard Yoa. Now i am at around 50%.. shocking things, and very sad things. Actually starting to wonder what's wrong with these Thai's..? Back to the book again.

Look for "4000 Days: My Life & Survival in a Bangkok Prison", which is out in paperback. I do not know if it is different than damage done.

One interesting review I read of the book is this:

Reviewer: Andrew Gruszkowski from Sydney, N.S.W. Australia

I was there!I got life sentence for just about the same crime and spend six years in Big Tiger {Bang Kwang Prison}from 1990 till 1996 meeting many guys who remembered Mr.Fellows.I am not a perfect guy but I like the truth and reading His book,titled in Australia"Damage Done",I was shaking with outrage.Not because of twisting the truth but lack of loyalty towards foreign prisoners remaining there.Enter the false report about lack of drinking water made by Mexican to some Human Rights organization and consequences of this act:refusal of pardon-three of them are still there-thirteen years after founding guilty of commiting a crime which is only a fraction of what I and MR.Fellows did.If I was to rebut all the claims made by Mr.Fellows in His book,I would have to write a book myself and what a inspiration is His "Damage Done".Damage done indeed!

English is my second language and I would need professional help to write my story.One day maybe I do so.

True and relevant? I can't say. Only that it is an interesting take.

Archived