Majestic Suites * Recommendation *

Just thought I'd pass a note along to highly recommend Majestic Suites off Soi Nana, by NEP. Close by, great prices, friendly staff, nice rooms, great bathrooms... Great for sanuk... smile.gif" border="0

Would definately stay there again....

Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a try. I always used to stay at the Nana, primarily for it's location, disco (definately not for the dancing) and guest friendly policies. But they seem to reject all internet reservations I try to make and the staff need some happiness pills.

All agreed (save that the bathroom I had was nothing special) - one other bonus point is that you don't necessarily need to give credit card details if you make an interner reservation. E-mail the hotel direct, and they'll respond asking for credit card details, but if you say you don't want to give them over the net, they'll make the reservation anyway (at least in low season - a fortnight ago in my case). I'll certainly be going there again even if the 1400 a night for a double is twice what you might pay at the Business Inn.

One small gripe - I booked a superior double, albeit in my name only, but only got breakfast vouchers for one person, so maybe if you go for a double you should book in your name and "Miss A Sweetie" to make sure your companion can eat in the morning too - if you get up before 10.30.........

Steve.

NB. If you are on a late flight - I was on the 0110 to London - they only charge half a day's rate for a very late check-out, and nothing for an early check-in; I booked in before 8am.

Hi there...

haven't stay at the majestic before...last time I stayed at the promenade hotel in sukhumvit soi 8...made a reservation through www.thepromenade.thailand.com got 800B per night...nice room...sauna, swimming pool on the roof...guest friendly...how much did you guys pay for majestic?

I paid 1300 baht for a superior room. Baht at that time was 44/usd. Pretty cheap overall.. Had to love the room though... Overlooks NEP and is close to all the action. Exit the hotel, go left 3 places, make another left.. BAM... there's NEP + beer bars + action + SANUK....

Frickin beautiful city......

Gotta agree. I really liked the place. The friendly staff, nice clean rooms (a bit small though), nice bathroom (with non-slip footpads on the toilet seat so your tilac's feet won't slide -- maybe those were optional, I forget). I'll probably stay there again this fall.

I really liked it's proximity to NEP. I was up on the 7th floor, backside of the building and could look right down into NEP. Kinda fun to do once in a while just to remind myself why I'm there. Woulda been really fun if they could rig a cable from my window to the third floor walkway at NEP -- then I coulda just "Tarzanned" over there.

jb

I agree... having the room overlook the NEP was wild.. I'd look down and be in amazement knowing the girl of my dreams (or at least that night) was just downstairs. It was like an adult toystore... Beautiful place it was....

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by jacko:

Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a try. I always used to stay at the Nana, primarily for it's location, disco (definately not for the dancing) and guest friendly policies. But they seem to reject all internet reservations I try to make and the staff need some happiness pills.

I had to send a second internet reservation before I got an acknowledgment from Nana. I stayed there this pass May and the staff were always polite to me. When the desk people saw me returning in the afternoon I was greeted with a smile and my key (usually they remembered my room number).

The Maj Suites were very guest friendly. After a night of browsing, girl just dropped the id off at the front desk and we went upstairs. Always had a smile on their faces. Seems to be mainly a European hotel based on the number of europeans staying there at the time I was there. Run by a Saudi, cool guy. Very friendly staff. Booked my room online, got a confirmation a day or 2 later. Highly recommend... smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Archived