Bargirls - are they all hookers?

Khun Sanuk, i wasn't talking about gogo bars

(maybe i should have specified that). I'm

talking about the hundreds of bars all over

the scene areas. Even the bars right on

sukumit (just before the entrance to Clinton)...I don't there names....will have

maybe 5 girls working/sitting there, though

I don't think they go with customers. No

idea what they're job is or whether they

make any money...I'm not talking specifically

of those bars...there seem to be many of them

around, that are sort of in between the

regular "sanuk beer bars" and the non-sanuk

bars. Maybe the owner hires lots of extra

girls (or don't go with customers) just to

draw in more customers.

Mr Ennui, I believe your original question related to Samui girls in particular, especially those in Chaweng? Therefore I think most of the other replys have gone way off the mark. What does the wages of a NEP go go girl have to do with Samui beer bar girls? To answer your question nearly all Samui beer bar girls are hookers. Some have live in rooms above the bar and have few food but no salary. Especially those in soi Green Mango( plus the usual commissions). Others in the open beer bars get a very small salary 2-3000 per month and have to pay for their own food and room.

Cheers Simie.

quote:

Originally posted by Swishtz:

Best way to look at this is

"When is a hooker not a hooker ?"

"When you are in Thailand"

Defintion of hooker in Western terms is not what many of these girls are, which is why it is not as Black and White as it would be somewhere like Amsterdam or Vegas.

Not much to add to add to that one. I agree 100%. I pity the fool who comes back from LOS with only sexcapades to speak of. Most likely, everyone feels the same as you do, even if it does not transpire behind the BJs and baht counting of so many trip reports.

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Thanks Simie,

I was in actual fact talking about 'Soi Green Mango'. Catcandoo bar to be exact. I 'dated' a girl who worked there numerous times and I never paid her or barfined her. I'm pretty much convinced she is a hooker, even though she still denies it. Her english is pretty bad, so maybe she is new to the game and hasn't actually started to go with customers...

Mr Ennui, I'm familiar with Catcandoo and have been with one of the girls there myself for a period of time. She was certainly on the "program" and I was under the impression that all the hostesses there were. However I think some of the girls who served behind the bar maybe not officially on the game but I could'nt say for certain. When I was in Samui in february they had some quite pretty girls in Catcandoo, but when I was back in may the standard had dropped considerably.

(I think the standard on Samui generally, has dropped noticably in the last couple of years).

Cheers Simie.

"ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES"!!

Theres nothing new in that statent, and nothing that

is not %100 true.

All women desire something from men and they use their sexuality wheather conscientiously or not

to get them as well as phsychological methods.

The difference is in the experience.

It's amazing how often 2 subjects often come up on this board but are rarely paralled in thought.

We often discuss how in traditional Thai culture open sexuality is not considered acceptable, that

Thai's are truly modest in their own world away from the ferang influences.

So what is it only the most wretched and evil Thai girls end up working in the bar's ?

Consider both a promiscuouse girl and a modest girl both come to BKK looking for

work because momy and daddy need money desperately. Faced with few work

opportunities they are offered an opportunity to work selling drinks in a bar.

No matter what their age it's likely their first time on their own and never had previous

experience with managing money's or any experience with what it takes to manage

a household no matter how humble it may be. Their first time in the big city with all

the shiny new bobles around they need to look proper for their work. By the end of

the month they find that they have $0.00 left to send home to daddy. So the bar offers

to them that if they would like to they may dance for an increased amount of money.

Now these girls have never exposed themselves in front of their mother's let alone

complete ogling stranger's. So they agree to dance in bathing suits / uderware.

It does not pay too much more and after a couple of weeks of getting used to the

environment and with the cajoling of their new made friends at bar(other dancers)

they decide to move up the ladder and take a little more money for dancing topless.

Another month passes and the botoms are off. Month's have passed and realizing

that she has come so far away from aceptably modest norms she no longer feels

reluctant to free her hormonal desires to her new boyfriend in BKK, who turns out

to be just another expense.

At work one day she asks her trusted friend why she had gone off with that ugly

ferang last night and her friend reply's "I looked in his eyes and I just fell in love with

him", " he made me laugh and I thought he would be furn to have dinner with","I sudenly

felt enraptured my his magnifecense". And subconsciously she has arived at a decision

that she will fall in love with some men too. It has to be love, because for love it is only

sharing and it is not a dirty thing, and for the next few weeks she fall's in love with a different

man every night. At first it is only with Thai men she has fallen in love with but eventually there

are ferang too. And understanding her dire needs all the men she falls in love with have

left her gifts(preferably without asking "How much?") to help her on her way and have

promised to come back to see her again. This is why asking "How much?" is so course

it ruins the moment for the girls, as much for your pleasure as it is for their peace of mind

they are living out the part of being your girlfriend with their every willing breath. They

don't want' to face the fact that they are "Fucking for money". In fact I am willing to bet

that girls who have been in the business so long that they don't maintain the illusion

anymore are not only less pleasant to be with but much more likely to be the source

of other problems. After too long in the business they can no longer maintain the illusion,

they be come cold and imbittered in what they have become and what their lives have

given them.

I read in "Culture Shock Thailand" by Robert and Nanthapa Cooper. That for generations

it has been a practice that say a poor girl going through school or a fatherles

mother, to have several regular lover's who are kind enough to help her on her way.

It's allso fact that many of the prostitutes in North America are not full time working girls

in fact many of them are more likely to turn a trick or two near the end of the month just

to help out on the rent.

Girls often acept dates if they think it's going to get them a nice dinner, a night out or a few

month's of dating the right gent might get them a new car or nothing else a good balling.

I cant believe that anyone has read this far into all this babling but the point I was going

to make is that girls come into the work at different ages, and some progress right

through to be working girls and some refuse to do more than dance. Other's get horified

by what they see and go back home. What a girl is willing to do with you is often up to her

and the way you treat her, and how many days in a row you come back to visit her without

sex might play a role, not all girls want sex on their first date and after all you are asking her

to fall in love with you even if it is just for a few hours. Likely half the girls out there are not

playing this kind of game with themselves, but if you understand how those that do think

you won't have to wory about the other half.

P.S. I know some people describe some bar's as expecting the girls to take out so many customers

per week. And that is true but I think that these must be the more high turn over bar's and I would

expect that these places are more likely the girls second place of employment after having been

introduced to the scene. The above scenario is pretty much what I had explained to me in two

seperate bars by girls who were relatively new to the scene.

"What a girl is willing to do with you is often up to her

and the way you treat her, and how many days in a row you come back to visit her without

sex might play a role, not all girls want sex on their first date and after all you are asking her

to fall in love with you even if it is just for a few hours. Likely half the girls out there are not

playing this kind of game with themselves, but if you understand how those that do think

you won't have to wory about the other half."null

This is the best comment i've read for ages. This topic also explains the attitude of some beer bar girls with whom I had a lot of fun bbut did not seem to want to pursue into the night for other activities. We need to respect these ladies as valuable human beings and treet them well.

Only a few are bitches, the trick is to learn to find and avoid these.

Archived