OZ Guys Buy Baht this Week for Christmas Hols??

Torneyboy

Hi TB,

if you have a good crystal ball you can foresee the future, else it not so easy to predict future movements on markets. "If it's not higher - it's either lower or same." Logic has very little to with it in any case. :grinyes:

elef

check out statistics in baht dollar cross rate.for december january months if u see a bullish tendency for the baht..buy it

it could be good...lot of tourist gonna prop curency up

how many million $ are traded daily in baht dollar cross rate?

Says mandrillo:

check out statistics in baht dollar cross rate.for december january months if u see a bullish tendency for the baht..buy it

it could be good...lot of tourist gonna prop curency up

how many million $ are traded daily in baht dollar cross rate?

Hi dont know..will have a look around.

Just think that if a guy is going to Los in December why not buy some cash today...US$71,79 buy 50-80K for your trip..still get more via ATM etc.

Just a thought on my part.

Reserve bank saying more interest rises due soon etc..the dollar will slump a bit...so grab it and run IMO :dunno:

read here

BANGKOK Thailand's central bank left its key interest rate unchanged Thursday, an indication that Southeast Asia's second-biggest economy is expanding at the quickest pace in eight years without the threat of inflation.

The Bank of Thailand kept its benchmark 14-day bond repurchase rate at 1.25 percent, Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala, deputy governor, said in Bangkok.

if u can find web site of Thailand central bank u will get a lot of info about currency rates

• 2 weeks later...

TB,

I believe that the strong Aussie dollar is a boon to those of us travelling anywhere in Asia, not just Thailand. The rate currently being quoted for the Indo Rupiah is very attractive, but I am prepared to wait 3 weeks and accept a variation of one or two US cents either way. If I were about to retire to Asia and buy property etc, it may be a different story.

The bizarre things is that I can remember the day our dollar started its upward march - when it dipped below the US 50 cent mark and the Reserve Bank was forced to buy back our currency. Its all swings and roundabouts - our Balance of Payments will be taking a hiding while we enjoy cheaper Duty-Free .........

Archived