Royal President

anyone have anything good/bad/ugly about the royal president.

a friend is meeting me in thailand so we thought the royal president would be a nice place.

any other suggestions for serviced apartments rented by the week?

I agree with db that it's a good choice. Very sanuk friendly. Another thing is that Royal President is a bit cheaper than GP in general. Service is good (problem with in room safe was addressed quickly). It's about a 5 minutes (?) walk to Sukhumvit.

thanks

Gilbert

quote:

Originally posted by steffi:

I recently turned down a job that included a free room at the Royal President for the duration of my employment with the company.

Is it comfortable living there? I may be offered the position again in the future.

It was a large studio, clean, comfortable furniture, full-size frig and cooking facilities. CR was good sized and well-appointed. After a while, doing everything but CR activities in the same room would get old for me. Depends on how long the job is.

crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

I'm currently staying at the Royal President. IMHO the rooms are much better appointed than the Grand President. The service is very good and it's very quiet, no hassels with guest. The buffet breakfast (150Baht if not included with room) is similar to the Grand Presidents and is good. They offer DSL surface for 700Baht/week. It's a great deal, the service works very good. I believe it's also offered at the other President group hotels. If you have a laptop it would be worth bringing it along. The walk to the BTS is more of a hassel from the RP, it's about half way between the Nana and Asok stops.

Archived