Is it worth the trip right now?

Might be an unusual topic but lo, let me finish!

The gf and her mate are off to Russia for a week's holiday next week and I was wondering what to do. I work for myself so time off is not the problem. A week over in Thailand seemed like a plan but I am being kind of put off by the reports saying that the bars etc are not too busy.

I also wanted to do the trip to see the Man Utd game and catch the Oasis gig but the fact that i live a six-hour flight from Bangkok is thwarting my chances of a ticket right now.

What do you reckon guys - should I come over on say the 26/27 July and stay until August 4/5? If I do should I stay in BKK or pop down to Pattaya? I have been over about 7 times so it's not my first trip....

I can just see the poor souls who are pining over in America getting their fingers ready to flame me and tell me to get my ass over there!

But I am serious....maybe I just need someone to convince me!

And secondly - and this is for the Woodstock boys - whatever happened to that idea from the past about having a chalk board on the wall so that forum members could chalk up their names when in the bar? That would make it easier to meet each other...I remember this was brought up last year but can't remember the outcome.

Groover cool.gif" border="0

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Groover ]

Absolutly, Positivly, without question GO!!!

Even if it is low season, there are still tons of girls around. and without too many falrangs around you have better bargining power, and you get your pick! Gezz, I wish I had your problems...should I go to LOS or just sit around town doing nothing. Hmmm tough choice! Pick up the phone and book the flight, you know you wont regret that choice. How can't you have fun in LOS?!?

Siam

I am happy my vacation is during the slow season. The cheap bastard that I am? Too many women not enough tourists? I can't wait. By the way that is almost the exact time I am there. Maybe we can chalk up at Woodstock.

Mykal

LOS in September!!!!

Dude,

All this crap about "low season" is total BS. There are plenty of good girls available as you sit on your ass reading this note in your home town. cool.gif" border="0

Groover,

I just returned from LOS and it was of course excellent !!! There was many a nights while in various GoGos or Beer Bars that I said to myself "ah, this slow season sure is nice" (for me) - there really aren't enough men for all the girls there right now. The only bad thing is that it is hotter right now but its worth it. cool.gif" border="0

Archived