Is it worth the trip right now?

Originally posted by Groover:

[QB]Might be an unusual topic but lo, let me finish!

The gf and her mate are off to Russia for a week's holiday next week

Who vacations in RUSSIA? Never heard of that. I HAVE heard of the Russian Mafia, though. They even hassled David Copperfield when he traveled there for a show in Moscow... hijacked all his equipment, and wouldn't return it without a "finder's fee." No respect for entertainers, little safety for "the small people." frown.gif" border="0

A week over in Thailand seemed like a plan but I am being kind of put off by the reports saying that the bars etc are not too busy.

Let me put it this way: ANYTIME is a good time for Thailand. I don't care what anyone else says... if you can go, GO. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

Groover:

Can I buy you a burger at Woodstock?

Ah yes Jaybloom remembers my infamous barfing in Patpong - honest guv, it was the Woodstock burger!

As for Russia, I went there in 1997 and 1998 as part of a sports team and we had armed bodyguards so I am kinda wary that my missus and her equally-gorgeous Thai friend are off to St Pete's and Moscow. (They are culture vultures and love old and dusty relics - probably explains why she loves me....)

But I love the comments from you chaps. I was hoping Bangkok Phil would leave me a message saying he had got me tickets for both United and Oasis since those are the only reasons why Her Indoors is letting me go.

I could always go and watch the United game on the box....or take part in the pub quiz.

So anyway fellahs, I am a 38yo Scottish bloke with a love of football, birds and beer. If anyone is in town and wants to have a laff, shoot pool and check out the talent (although of course I will be behaving - ahem) then the chances are I will be over on the 26th or 27th.

Reminds me of the joke:

Small Scottish boy goes up to a policeman in Glasgow and says he has lost his father.

"Really son? Tell me. What's he like?" asks the polis man.

"Beer, birds and football......"

Sanuk nah?

Groover

laugh.gif" border="0

Hi,

Groover asked:

"And secondly - and this is for the Woodstock boys - whatever happened to that idea from the past about having a chalk board on the wall so that forum members could chalk up their names when in the bar?"

Peter (the owner) bought a whiteboard for us at that time, however nobody really used it, or got confused with the whiteboard for the pool tables. Therefore Peter started using it for his lunch specials smile.gif" border="0

I did talk with my partner about something like this (actually we were talking about a bulletin board for leaving messages), and we will be talking to Peter about it this soon. I'll let you know.

Sanuk!

Archived