Nightlife at the Cowboy..

jacko

I have decided that the NEP will not benefit from my money this trip..I drink too much beer...so went to the SC strip - it is big enough to fill an evening or so I thought.

Most places seemed to be a disappointment, I don't know how some of them survive.. 7 or 8 rather tired looking girl in bikinis that they can never fill- nearly didn't finish my beer. :(

Some pleasant moments playing voyeur in the upper part of the doll house- nice collection of girls there.

But the place that I started- so I will finish in- was Midnight. Good crowd, fun girls 'au natural' and a policeman on the door for that added security. :drunk:

I shall venture forth more tonight....

I just returned and also found Cowboy a bit disappointing. I was disappointed by Baccara, Tilac, Sheba, and the Dollhouse. Two girls I know from Dollhouse had moved to Angelwitch, so it wasn't a total bust. I did give it 4 or 5 tries this trip but found NEP more to my liking.

Smitty

A little disappointed generally - Bacarra (place smelled awful) Tilac ans suprisingly Susi Wongs..

Had fun in the Sharkie's place, they had a good selection of music and a good atmosphere. Midnight again still gets my current SC vote.

On the subsequent night I only had one in the Dollhouse, and not all of that! It was warm and when I mentioned it to the server she acted rather huffily, so I paid up and left. Keeping beer cold should be easy when there aren't so many in there! But I still rate the girls very highly.

I went in too many little places to even recall names - seems like they are following the PlaySchool game. You are swamped by several rather 'past it or not fit for it' types who grope you and beg...

I must take notes or lighten up on the beer and give better detail. ::

Thanks, jacko (hey this name sounds too much like Michael Jackson ;) )

Yes, there are 5-6 bars at least in Soi Cowboy that follow the diddle/groping theme. After Skool/Sunshine, Toy, Fanny's, Jungle Jim's, Moonshine, others. In all you have that phalanx of old bats in street clothes to make it by when you enter the bar to get to the young, cuter ones who are sometimes dancing on stage.

Sometimes it is annoying, sometimes fun to work your way past them depending on your mood. I learned my lesson a long time ago with these bars to stay focused when you enter and zero in on one or two girls quickly, or you will be swarmed in short order. Then, if you start chasing 'em away rather than looking like you are after a certain girl you will be branded a non-sanuker by the bar and ignored.

Just make your way quickly past the gauntlet, and find a cutie. You can get another later, if you want. The point is to get a girl quickly and then the others will tend to back off when they see you have one. Some still are pests, but you can politely say no thanks and not look like a bad guy because you already have a lady.

Of course, if you want plenty of girls (the older ones will be more aggressive of course) and a large bill for ladydrinks you can ignore what I am writing here. :)

Then, once things settle down you can concentrate on some big fun in Naughty Boys Corner or right there at your table/bar stool. I have had some great times in AfterSkool and Toy. :grinyes:

Agreed - Ugly girls are a problem in Soi Cowboy. But I wonder if this will change over time if things don't loosen up in NEP?

Most of the girls at Midnite aren't particularly attractive (just my opinion) - at least when compared to the Rainbow bars, AngelWitch and several other NEP bars - but it is still a fun bar and it attracts a good crowd in large part because, as you say, it has "fun girls 'au natural'" Now imagine an AngelWitch type bar in Soi Cowboy with the freedom allowed Midnite?

I think I would make that bar a routine part of my Friday night out.

So, this brings up a good question for a poll - which I would create except it is like watching paint dry posting on the board now (I know, sorry for that - it is being worked).

Anyway, which would you prefer to see in a bar?

a. Attractive girls in bikinis

b. Unattractive girls au naturel.

I think I would opt for (a) above, but as Gadfly said there are other factors too such as attitude and party-like atmosphere. Honestly, even when they were showing at Angelwitch, I don't think the same atmosphere as Midnite existed - and, I prefer AW over Midnite - again, for other reasons.

Also, I have to say that I think Midnite was better, oh say one year ago than it is now. Off to SC tonight and will have a look myself.... :)

Archived