need travel advice in europe

i guess what i might do is, that when i arrive in germany i will have a look at some travel agencies what kind of last minute offers they have, and go from there.

i tried to have a look in the internet, but all i got was either spam sites or very expensive tours.

thanx everybody for all the input. :bow:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyonzewall said:

>>>The car advise is very sound,<<<

can i get a car without license? :p

Can you drive ? Thai Licence ??? Ten year old German one ????

Int'l Drivers Licence 300 baht in KSR ..... but you know that. :neener:

>>>Can you drive ? <<<

hmmm...well...i would need some practise. upcountry traffic is OK, but definately not city traffic anymore. i have no problem with motorcycles, but cars...

>>>Ten year old German one ????<<<

never had one.

Ah just send the wife out with 500 baht and your passport photo. She'll be back in a couple of hours with a Thai licence. An Int'l one, then "Hello Avis?"

Better to practice on theirs anyway. Just make sure you take the FULL insurance. ::

Say BB. I remember when you didn't need a drivers licence in Belgium unless you bought a new car. :) Belgium Plates on your car got everybody out of your way in those days. :beer:

>>now for higher chance of snow & still a great city try Stockholm, but if to see snow & experience the cold is the highest priority gotta head to Helsinki, Finland!<<

Btw, is there any daylight during the winter?

Imo, the north is really great when it is dry, cold (- 20 degrees Celsius) and sunny; really great landscapes with all the ice and snow, even in northern Germany. When it is just above 0, dizzling and foggy, it can be very depressing though.

Hi!

Btw, is there any daylight during the winter?

Only during daytime. :neener:

cold (- 20 degrees Celsius) and sunny; really great landscapes with all the ice and snow

Great scenery for postcards. Living here is something altogether different. :D

When it is just above 0, dizzling and foggy, it can be very depressing though.

very good description of Stockholm as it is most of the time in the winter. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

LaoHuLi said:

I remember spending some very delightful times in Belgium near the coast. Brugge perhaps, but it was long ago. The small towns were great, still had the weekly markets that came to town. And a vist to an old castle (Castle of the Counts?) that still seems fresh in my mind.

Was that WW1 or WW2 ??? :cover:

Archived