EVA: Deluxe Econ or Business Class

Thinking about using EVA for this trip. I don't mind paying the extra for business class, if it's worth it. If anyone has flown EVA business class and the deluxe econ class I'd appreciate some insight into the differences between the two.

From London Heathrow about £2100 amount of difference,between deluxe and business,nobody seriously pays that amount of difference,unless money is no problem whatsoever.Im 1.95m and in deluxe the seat reclines to far! Appreciate guys will always travel business on "business" but surely not 2k more on a piss up/rodgering trip.Flame away guys but 2k buys a lot of pooying!

No way do you need to pay 2000 pound MORE for a real business class seat. You can probably get a discounted one for around 1,300-1,600 round trip. Unless you insist on flying BA!

I like a bit of comfort but the point is taken that extra money spent on comfort on the flight could buy a lot of fun in LOS. So much so I am tempted by the Delux Econ on EVA and the 700 quid extra spending money. Can anyone give a review of this EVA offer?

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: jacko ]

Jacko-I fully agree with your sentiments,but the original poster asked for a comparison on EVA not BA,consolidator business is £2686 deluxe consolidator is £595 on EVA, If you really want to chance your arm,try biman bangladesh business class at £625!

I don't think so! I once watched a Biman flight packing them in (and that was over 2 hours after scheduled take-off). I once flew Business on Air India and they actually surprised me and were excellent. I was trying to state that true business class can be had for less (except with BA) if you shop around - I just did a search myself and on EVA got 600 pounds Delux, and 1160 Business.

I am still curious as to how good this EVA Delux is, as said a lot of Sanuk to be had for 600 quid. Better in my pocket!

quote:

Originally posted by jacko:

Well can anybody out there tell me the truth or horrors of a Biman flight?

But still, I don't think so.

I will probably end up on KLM or Lufhansa again in September - unless someone can give me that EVA Delux report.

crazy.gif" border="0

I've flown eva delux transatlanic (round trip). Cann't compare to buisness as never tried om eva, but the delux was very, very nice..more for the extra space..much wider seats than econ, Check out the floor plan as some of the seats are really good (cannm't rermember off hand which ones) service was pretty good as well...right in the front of the plane so quieter. Sure buisness is up again in standard..but hey, 700 bucks is a lot of partying....

...I also have a *really* tight fisted friend who flew biman.....once. Totally scared the shit out of him so much so that even he thought a few extra bucks was worth it...

-j-

I've flown EVA Business Class from Heathrow to BKK and it is an excellent service. There was far more room than in BC with Thai or Quantas. The service from the Chinese air hostess's was a bit overpowering - nothing was too much trouble for them. EVA also have some of the newest planes of any airline. I'm not sure if the difference is worthwhile, but if you like luxury then go for BC. Don't forget that you also have a separate check-in so, that you don't have to wait for an interminable length of time.

I booked my flights with TravelBag and got them for £1160.

Archived