EVA: Deluxe Econ or Business Class

Decided to fly business class to the LOS and the deluxe service back to see for myself. Will report my views after the trip. I do agree that the extra money for the flight is money that could be better spent on fun if one must be concerned about budget/money matters.

I've used both business and econ/delux on EVA.

not much difference, but the econ/delux is way better than econ/ ( seems the seats are for asian butts, not ours.

in econ/delux, I suggest a window seat, as there seems to be more room under the seat in front of you to put ur "stuff" and no messing with the overhead bin when the scramble to get off starts.

also, if you get the mileage, you get a card to use the lounge in TPE, very nice place to wait for the next flight.

I flew Biman Bangladesh 4 years ago (GBP380 return). 10 hour delay in Bangkok, 8 hour delay in Dakha, then via Dubai and Frankfurt when it should have gone straight to Heathrow. The airconditioning leaked and soaked the guy behind me. Good veggie curry though!

Biman has to be one of my most memorable flights. On the way to Bangkok one of the passengers fainted in the aisle beside me, landed face first and bloodied his nose.

The air hostess asked me "was he a friend of mine and what should we do with him".

I helped them put in some seats at the back where they strapped an oxygen mask to his face and he eventually came round.

Service was terrible and it was veggie curry for every meal.

On the way back a drunken passenger screamed rugby songs most of the trip [ before passing out] he also had to be restrained from flying the plane.

They did get me there and back with no delays though.

Would I fly with them again - no way!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say enough good things about BKK-LHR econ/delux service.

Except they don't fly every day and this class is very popular / full.

Only fly them if you intend to stick to your travel dates.

I wanted stay in UK a few extra days a couple of months ago and we ended up staying an extra 10 days because the wait lists were so long.

The Hamburger

Archived