Favorite Christmas song/s

Guest baldrick

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

I really love that song--has a great quality and yes what a gruff voice Shane McGowan has :drunk:

What a gruff voice Shane McGowan had, to be precise Phil. :o Apparently the real Shane McGowan passed away of a heroin overdose over 20 years ago, and the bloke running round claiming to be Shane nowadays is an outright imposter. It's his, and not Shane's vocal that you hear on the 'Fairytale...' track. The new guy is a former top Hollywood actor who had to disappear from the limelight because the fuzz were on his tail on an underage rape and possession of firearms rap: this "major" screen idol had secret plastic surgery and extensive dental work to enhance his already close resemblance to the genuine Shane...

I received this information from a very reliable source. :shhh: (Obviously I can't reveal the source's identity, as the FBI are already, apparently, "onto" him and watching his mother's caravan. Remember what happened to Kirsty McColl? A "bizarre water-skiing accident"? Sure. Apparently Kirsty was about to blab to the UK press. :o)

jack ::

PS. Bet you all wanna know WHO the new imposter "Shane" is, huh? Well, I was sworn to absolute secrecy on that one by Smokey, but you might just wanna ask yourself, "Whatever happened to the blond-haired wife-beating pistol-toting alcoholic coke-addict feller out of Starsky and Hutch..." :shhh:;)

lazyphil said:

Mines The Pogues--Fairytale of New York and Bing Crosbys White Christmas (just put up xmas tree/decorations so feeling festive :))

- Yes, a great Song from SHANE MACGOWAN. :drunk:

- Good the "new" rare song 'Christmas Time' from the BEATLESs, who you

can find on the Single 'Free as a Bird' :up:

- Another good song is 'Merry Xmas' from the Glamrocker SLADE!!! :beer:

"Another good song is 'Merry Xmas' from the Glamrocker SLADE!!!"

no,no,no Mentors.

i hate this song,have heard if from October every year since it was released.

only Dec 3rd and i have heard it so often i am sick of it again..... :banghead:

my thoughts are ......:censored:

i suppose you will be saying Wizzards 'I Wish It Could Be Xmas Everyday' is your 2nd all time favourite?...... :nono:

When I was a soporiphic sophomore at Leeds Uni a mate of mine was doing security for The Pogues gig.

He told me that Shane (or his doppleganger) was that pissed during the soundcheck (at 1:30pm GMT) he walked onto the stage and straight off the edge.

If they do ever nick his stand in and they need a replacement I reckon I could stand infront of a mike pissed out of my tree for a few quid a day.

And I wouldn't need surgery.

Cheers

Yeah, same same. I went to see the Pogues up in Newcastle once, and MacGowan (or his doppelganger ;)) "sang" the entire gig lying flat on his back in the middle of the stage chain-smoking fags and swigging from a litre bottle of red wine. :drunk:

For some reason, I went to see Catatonia :doah: in Japan a few years later and that yodelling Welsh bird Cerys had stolen his entire act! :o Flat on her arse for the entire set, pished out of her box. :drunk: Only difference was that her wine was white. And she can hold a tune. And she's a bit better looking than him. A bit. :rolleyes:

Oh, and now I recall, yonks ago a mate of mine once went to interview the Pogues for a student newspaper. :clown: He met them in their hotel lobby at 10AM the morning of the gig and said they were all already steaming, "bucket bonged" out of their trees, talking shite, wanting a punch up with him, and asking for directions to the nearest knocking shop. At 10AM... ::

Good stuff. :up:

jack :beer:

Fiery Jack said:

Oh, and now I recall, yonks ago a mate of mine once went to interview the Pogues for a student newspaper. :clown: He met them in their hotel lobby at 10AM the morning of the gig and said they were all already steaming, "bucket bonged" out of their trees, talking shite, wanting a punch up with him, and asking for directions to the nearest knocking shop. At 10AM... ::

Let's hope no cunt wants to interview any of us in BKK between the 13th & 22nd of this month.

Mind you if any of us get interviewed it's more likely to be the police than a journalist.

Cheers

Archived