Pattaya hotel, girl-friendly, moderate luxury

Catalyst

Can anyone recommend a guest friendly hotel in Pattaya that is reasonably luxurious for $50-100. Doesn't have to be right in the action; in fact I might prefer to be a little way away for peace and quiet, as long as it is not a long moped ride. I stayed at the Monthien a few years ago and that was just right except that they wanted a fee (800 baht) to bring a girl back.

It is harder to find girl-friendly hotels at the higher end, but the JW Marriott in BKK is completely girls friendly, so there are exceptions. Booking a double room may work, but then you are effectively paying a surcharge (though maybe a smaller I'll check out the Residence Garden.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'girl-friendly' : Dusit Pattaya will ask for the girl's passport/id, but that is for your own protection. They turned a blind eye to the fact that I had only paid the single room tariff, although I'm sure they'd have preferred that I'd paid for a double upfront.

Of greater concern is the upscale nature of the resort, and the fact that you tend to stand out like a sore thumb if you are seen wandering through the lobby with a BG. Add to that the fact that its a considerable hike to Walking St and its difficult to recommend it, despite the beautiful landscaping in the lobby ::

Bella Villa Prima on Soi 4. Suite at 1,800/night w/ bfast. Brand new, across from Pattaya Int Hospital. Quiet. Nice pool and gym. Suites are nicely appointed. I posted a review on the FLb site with pictures. I have no affiliation, just got back two weeks ago. Very guest friendly. try it

I am in the Residence Garden at the moment and love the place. It is a suite hotel not just a room and is as good as the website seems. At 1350 it is difficult to beat and very GF..

Uniformguy

Archived