Sanuk in Isan

Coloseum

I've never been 'single' on my trips into Issan.. but had some great times just hanging out in remote places..

its always funny to drive into some small village; walk into the local store that has some old dear basket weaving and within minutes... the call 'FARANG' goes out and young girls of variable ages seem to materialise out of nowhere..nothing ever came of this with me as the missus would ususally be waiting in the car or close by..The karaoke bars are another place to try, they are everywhere, the girls in there are always nice to meet.There is an existing thread on this somewhere.

The great historical place to visit is Phanom Rhung in Buriram..

Hope u have a great time.

JP

• 2 months later...
Coloseum said:

Am planning a trip to Isan with a rental. I'll probably spend

the nights in the major cities there. I'd like some info on the

sanuk scene (if any) in : Korat, Kon Kaen, Surin,

Will also appreciate Hotel info, and any other relevant info

such as must see sights etc.

Coloseum,

When going to Surin I'd suggest staying at the Thong Tarin Hotel. Decent place for around 800 baht a night. AC, ask for king size bed in room, has pool, restaurant, hot water showers, etc. A lot of the nightlife there, and it is expanding the past year or two, takes place on the soi just to the left of the Thong Tarin Hotel. (Left as if you are facing the hotel entrance, the soi to your left) Karaoke bars, beer bars, a couple of discos, a few music clubs, and a lone gogo bar at the far end of the soi on the left, an upstairs gogo it is, not a ripoff though, just not very much action there. Name in Thai on sign, means rock hard agogo I believe it was. Some pretty girls though, and take out isn't a problem last I saw.

Hope that helps. Need more info do a search on the board in the relevant areas, and/or PM me, and if I can help I will.

Cent

I only have one word for you, ignore it at your own sanuk defeating risks: UBON!

Just came back from 10 days over there (planned 5, but ..she was real cute and good english ;)). I talked about it on the board in unrelated threads. You want babes? hang out at the ROCK disco, basement of Nevada Grand hotel (cool plush place, i recommend it at 1000/night). Not every one of them will have the guts to approach you, but the one who will, will really want you. Trust me, I know!

I am feeling a bit bad at letting out about the best kept secret in Thailand: Ubon is a cool place, the girls are total flirts, and the whole region deserves being visited.

PM me, if you need infos, i also have a few friends there to jumpstart you with some updated infos when you get there

Archived