airport taxis

Could any one tell me if I will be able to go up stairs to get a honest cab with a meter.

The thing is I will be landing at Bangkok at 10:40.So maybe no more departures on top floor at this time.

If any one can help,thanks very much.

Stev100

quote:

Originally posted by shygye:

Trying to save 50 Baht?

Why pay an extra 50 baht when you get exactly the same service up at the departure level?

The security guy takes a note of the drivers ID card and car registration number and asks wher the destination is...This has improved alot over the last few years since the Airport Serial Killer was making news.

Cheers

P.S Wouldn't this do better in Travel / Transport??

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Thank you all.No guys I am not worried about 50 baht.

I read a report that said the airport taxis try and get 2500 baht or more,That works out to 2450 baht more.I have better things to spend 2500 on wink.gif" border="0

If only 50 baht more, no worry.

Thanks Stev100

Top floor at 10.40 no problem getting a taxi.

Lots of departures so therefore lots of taxi's dropping people off. As Roger said, the security guy takes the taxi's details so there is now a measure of safety as opposed to a year or so ago.The security guy is at the left end of the terminal. I was alittle bored yesterday and wondered out of the office and over to the terminal buildings, there was one Taxi that didn't want to queue via security and was trying to tout for custom, an Airports authority guy on motorcycle came along and told him to leave. It seems that the Airport is now taking Passenger safety much more seriously than before. I have taken a few Taxis from the upstairs stand and have never had to argue them to turn the meter on.

Stev100,

What? 2500 baht????

Last time with meter paid 250 from Sukhumvit to airport. Airport to Suk plus 50. Why not save 50 on 300 baht (two kuaytiaw nam...)

quote:

Originally posted by stev100:

[i read a report that said the airport taxis try and get 2500 baht or more,That works out to 2450 baht more.I have better things to spend 2500 on
wink.gif" border="0

If only 50 baht more, no worry.

Thanks Stev100[/QB]

Archived