Rio Gets 8 month Ban!

Steve

Too Severe I think, The FA like any other Agency, should use previous incidents as a guide.

The Man City Player who missed a test (can't remember his name, but missed the test because he said he did'nt understand English) only got I think a two month ban.

Like Rio he returned and took the test some time later.

If Rio had been the first player to miss a test, yes a 8 month ban or longer would in my opinion be fair but you have to be consistent.

The FA have once again fu....... up :clown:

Hi guys,

let's put this in perspective please.

In any other sport Rio would've gotten at least a years ban.

The ban missed a drugstest and NOBODY but himself is to blame for that.

The FA took kinda the middle way IMHO, they pleased Blaater by banning him for 8 months, thus Rio missing the EC and they followed up on their own hard stance.

Now the only argument can be how other players are punished for the same thing. There should be consistancy.

But at last the FA made a point and everybody who has a problem with the verdict should really look to himself and ask himself what his problem is. Should all doping tests be banned than?

I hope the football is woken up and probably nobody will ever miss a test again.

That's the lamest excuse in the world, BTW, Rio's excuse that is :dunno:.

Limbo,

Good post mate ..

A story running on Sky this morning was talking about Rugby, not sure if Union or League, and the suspensions they had handed out this year. About a dozen or so players had failed to turn up for a drug test and all were given an 18 month ban and no complaints. The Mancs management should get back in their pram and shut the fuck up.

I also see Rio is now saying he doesn't want to play international football anymore. Goodo .. He's crap anyway.

Cheers

K.

i have always said i have no problem with Rio getting a punishment because he did something wrong.

my argument is that the sentence is harsh.

the story of the Man City player becomes more interesting.

he was chosen for a test but said his Mother was arriving at Liverpool Airport and he needed to pick her up.

he was allowed to leave the training ground(why?)after promising to return in 2 hours to take the test.

the flight was late and he never returned in time to take the test.

was taken to a tribunal(very secret)and fined 2000 GBP,but NO ban.

but in the same circumstances Rio is hammered.....why?.

Hi Sayjann,

That's a good point you make, and I agree that there should be consistancy.

The ManC player was mentioned in one of the BKK papers, I think it's the Nation.

However, as of now, I really hope that the FA and other organisations will crack down a bit harder on drugabuse in football.

It's very unfortunate that the Scottsman wants to take it to court, ManU is sending out all the wrong signals IMHO.

Blatter threatens with unprecedented actions if ManU end up taking it to court.

Archived