well it seems 1am closing now

keith doug

That is why revenues per tourist is decreasing!

-------------------

Could very well be, but 2 million chinese spending 20$ a day (not this year, maybe 2010), still beats 200 000 sanookers spending 100$.

On the other hand, I doubt that P4P is included in the daily average sorted out by TAT.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...I doubt that P4P is included in the daily average sorted out by TAT"

___________________________________________________Nor do I but nevertheless the ever-increasing Asian market actually has the highest per-day expenditures at US$115 (as opposed to $95 Americans and $75 Europeans) but enjoy the shortest stays (average of 5 days, compared to the 15 of Europeans). This is attributable, I believe, to their greater propensity of shopping for verifiable goods rather than undocumented sexual services. At Don Muang departures last week every party in a large Chinese tour group was checking a microwave oven. And though the Chinese are the fastest growing sub-group of the expanding Asian market, we know their East Asian brothers are hitting the soapies with alacrity. But the trickle down into the greater economy for these services only begins when the corrupt police and exploitative employers are not given a cut.

In other words, freelancers are where it's at, baby. It's been over 5 years since I've been in a fishbowl or go-go (ideas which are so 1960s and, from what I gather here, unchanged in the 20 years since I first experienced them). Sure, the concept of freelancing is as old as the hills but it's a more perfect formula and there are just heaps of dynamic ladies (as opposed to their indentured servant sisters) out there these days, unlike anything I've seen (and because of rampant consumerism and a recovering economy). The only problem is the FL's generally only get serious about plying their wares as the corrupt and exploitative venues begin to wind down, thus the earlier they close the better IMO as the hours of 9 p.m.-midnight can be awkward for anyone preferring sleep over drink after a full day of activity and money-spending in areas removed from the red lights.

Archived