Two Great Moments In Sport

Torneyboy

Vitesse is my Dutch club. Can't see the Dutch as hooligans though. Anything is possible I guess, eh Limbo and Zaad?

Lazyphil, your car theives haven't beaten us for a couple years now. Can't wait to witness their defeat in person this April.

As far as the football fan, did they also assume he was a supporter of that club? Or was he known to be already?

Hi Steve,

Internationally the Dutch have a great reputation, however, nationwide there was/is a lot of problems.

ADO Den Haag take the strudel in Holland, closely followed by Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV.

A few years back Ajax and Feyenoord fans met in a field next to a highway somewhere and left one Ajax fan dead.

In Holland, due to the violence, there's a system in place that you only can get tix if you have a registered card with the KNVB (Dutch FA).

Certain high risks games, you can't buy tix if you're from a certain club.

The local derby is Vitesse vs NEC Nijmegen.

I lived in Nijmegen, but when NEC - Vitesse was on, I had to go by bicycle to the railway station (20 min), take a train to Arnhem (25 min), take a new bus to the stadium (15 min), wait an hour or so for the bus to Nijmegen to depart (40 min), wait for the game to start, after the game, we were not allowed to leave immediately, zig zag to the bus, bus leaves Nijmegen under stone attacks back to Arnhem, in Arnhem take a bus to the railway station, train back to Nijmegen, bike back home.

The closest and farthest away game in the season.

Vitesse fans were once attacked by NEC fans during a sanitary break on the high way, heading south. NEC had a game in that direction as well.

Unfortunately Vitesse hasn't won the away game against NEC for the last 3 seasons I guess. :onfire: :banghead:

This is just the top of the iceberg unfortunately.

Although, in general the violence in Holland has slowed down.

Archived