SMS via ICQ

Hamokhamok

Get yourself an O2 Pay as you go phone... or change to O2 for good :-) ... you can send 250 SMS a month online for free, and it works very well to thailand. And the even better thing is that people can answer your SMS, and the answer goes directly onto your mobile.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does O2 work in Ireland or would that be on International Roaming?

Secondly, I do not see an 02 tariff with 250 free international text messages.

Do they equate 2 domestic text messages for one international? Therefore allowing 250 text messages out of the allowance of 500 domestic?

I note that the PAYG option allows 300 text messages, not the 500 of the post paid packages.

Do you know anything about this?

O2 online tariffs

Sorry, we missunderstood each other...

if you have any O2 Number, you can set up an account with them on their website. And if you do so, you can send 250 Messages from your PC to any mobile in the world. No advertising in the SMS, the full 160 characters.

And the receiver can`t see that you sent it online, but will see your O2 Phone Number. So, if the person ansers your SMS, the SMS goes straight onto your O2 mobile.

It was not a misunderstanding... I simply did not know the answers to the questions I was asking you.

Are the 250 messages in addition to the inclusive messages from the mobile telephone or are they from the same bundle?

I know that O2 email gives you 30 free text messages monthly via the website, but they are UK only.

I'll give O2 a call if you don't know the answers.

I use the O2 website and do not obtain these 250 text messages. So, it may be that the messages are not totally independent of the contract you have with O2.

Also, I am aware that you can reply to the O2 messages, though it seems that the replies are only readable on the website. The replies are not forwarded to my mobile telephone.

So that would not solve the problem the Irishman is having.

First of all, it would seem that he would be 'roaming' in Ireland, so any reply would be sent to the UK and then forwarded to Ireland via roaming(If they are forwarded at all..

I would be interested to know if this system works.

It seems as if you are talking about www.O2.co.uk

I was talking about www.o2.ie, and irish mobiles. You need an irish O2 number in order to be able to use this free texts. Probably the irish system is different...there a reply to your web message goes straight to your mobile.

different countries...different systems, i guess

Don't you just. Hahhahaah

Tried O2.ie - shite - have to have )2 phone - I don't - have Vodafone.

O2 allowed me to go throughthe whole process to sign up etc and yhen knocked me at the last hurdle - just when I decied I had won. Bastards.

Hahhahaah

Ok

ICQ is shite too. Don't seem to want to fix the problem.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Archived