Tong Dang

Lusty

I've aquired a couple of Tshirts that have a Tong Dang motif on the front.When worn they seem to provoke alot of postive comments from the Thais,not just in the bars but in non sanuck areas as well.Tong Dang is a dog that has something to do with the King and I've been told that these shirts are not that easy to get but I myself are not sure of the significance of Tong Dang ::.Any info on thisa please.

Thai vendors warned fakes could cost a king's ransom

Publisher: The Canberra Times

Publication date: 15th February 2002

Reference: REF: 1802IPA22

Page: p10

Thai police major-general, Jongrak Juthanon, has warned anyone selling fake versions of a T-shirt portraying King Bhumibol Adulyadej's adopted dog could face charges of deceiving the public and violating the King's copyright. Fakes of the shirt became popular after the King and his four children were seen wearing the shirt, which then went on sale at Golden Place stores. Golden Place is a royal project that sells locally made items. The shirts feature the King's own photograph of his mixed-breed dog, Khun Thongdaeng.

web page

Hi Elef,

"Khun Thongdaeng"

I am absolutely amazed that the honorific "Khun" is used about a dog ??

You don`t even used this about human children only adults.

Seems like the king is in a category all of his own, not that I ever doubted that. Still find this a bit far fetched though.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived