Declare computer at Customs?

stumpy

In fact on my last trip I was really annoyed by a guy who pushed in front of me to get to the immigration desk. Then he barged past me with his case after he had got it off the belt. However I was tickled pink to see that customs had stopped him and had everything out of his case and seemed to be doing a good job searching.

In reality though it's a bit of an imposition. Most people bring a carefully allotted amount of spending money and to then get stung at the airport for an import duty on all your posessions, hmmm.

Hi stump_dog,

I brought a desktop case (the 'Tower') into Thailand last July, no monitor though- I figured I should declare it, but there was no-one around at that Customs channel, so I went to the 'Nothing to Declare' channel, because someone was on duty there, and he just waved me on through. Didn't want to know! Who can say if it would be the same in the current circumstances? A lot's changed since July!!!

BTW, I phoned China Airlines as I said I would, and they said they hadn't heard of any changes regarding the Schipol to BKK route. But they also didn't check, and when I phoned I didn't yet know that things had heated up in Afghanistan. They cited flight CI 065.

Feel free to send me a private message if there's anything more I can do for you- I'm happy to. Also, if you want to let me know, for example, when you're flying, I can probably get you better information. They asked me when you were flying when I phoned them this morning, what could I say? 'In the next couple of months!'

Cheers laugh.gif" border="0

"Have you ever had ur stuff xrayed after you turn in your customs form?"

Can't even remember ever seeing an X-ray machine!

I would be interested to hear if they still have it set up:

right in front of you b4 you head left and out to "freedom" ( greeting area)

Archived