things that make you go doah!

markle

We all know about the bad English spelling and grammar that you see daily in Thailand. Well the other day I ran into a guy that is seeking to redress the imbalance.

Now this guy struck me as a Muay Thai meathead, probably spent a few months in Pattaya at a boxing camp, learnt a smattering of Thai and is now showing off his Thai credibility.

First thing that made me smile was his T-shirt that had the logo ฟรั่งแดง (falang dang) obviously a pun on the krating dang (Red Bull) but it's spelt wrong, (anyone else see the error?My GF had to point it out to me).

Then I noticed a rather large tattoo of a lion with สิงหา (singha) written in Thai. Unfortunately that word is only used in the month for August (singhakom) the word for lion in Thai has the last vowel dropped and the final consonanat silent.

So next time you buy a T-shirt with Thai writing or get a funky Thi writing tattoo make sure you get it proof read by a reliable source. :doah:

OK the Thai text may not be working I'll fix it up when I get home.

Ok back at the trusty keyboard. I can't edit my original post so here it is with the Thai written in.

We all know about the bad English spelling and grammar that you see daily in Thailand. Well the other day I ran into a guy that is seeking to redress the imbalance.

Now this guy struck me as a Muay Thai meathead, probably spent a few months in Pattaya at a boxing camp, learnt a smattering of Thai and is now showing off his Thai credibility.

First thing that made me smile was his T-shirt that had the logo ฟรั่งแดง (falang dang) obviously a pun on the krating dang (Red Bull) but it's spelt wrong, (anyone else see the error?My GF had to point it out to me).

Then I noticed a rather large tattoo of a lion with สิงหา(singha) written in Thai. Unfortunately that word is only used in the month for August สิงหาคม (singhakom) the word for lion in Thai has the last vowel dropped and the final consonanat silent สิงห์ (singh).

So next time you buy a T-shirt with Thai writing or get a funky Thi writing tattoo make sure you get it proof read by a reliable source.

Oh shit, :cussing:

this wasn't a problem before. Third time lucky?

First thing that made me smile was his T-shirt that had the logo ¿ÃÑè§á´§(falang dang) obviously a pun on the krating dang (Red Bull) but it's spelt wrong, (anyone else see the error?My GF had to point it out to me).

Then I noticed a rather large tattoo of a lion with ÊÔ§ËÒ(singha) written in Thai. Unfortunately that word is only used in the month for August ÊÔ§ËÒ¤à (singhakom) the word for lion in Thai has the last vowel dropped and the final consonanat silent ÊÔ§Ëì(singh).

So next time you buy a T-shirt with Thai writing or get a funky Thi writing tattoo make sure you get it proof read by a reliable source.

Archived