Beware: Skanky Klosters in Pattaya

BrownFox77

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

Try "Samuel Adams", it's well in par with the best European beers.

regards

ALHOLK

Alholk,

Just before coming to LOS I was in San Diego on a business trip and paid homage to "Pacers" while there (a strip club that's been there for over 30 years). They had Samual Adams on draft there and it was quite good. Actually I have a vivid memory of sitting at the bar in Pacers drinking that Samual Adams draft admiring the topless eye candy while smiling to myself knowing I'd soon be back in LOS... :p

Hi Brown Fox.

The "Classic K" was exactly the same brew as Kloster - not different. There was an issue with the license rights for the name "Kloster" when (I think!) Boon Rawd Breweries bought the license to the name. Any unsold stock brewed by the old brewery had to be sold under a different name to "Kloster"... something like that, anyway! Fly P.

Kloster has always been my beer of choice in Bangkok. Most places I visit have it, or 'Klassic K" which tastes the same to me. Only once have I had a "bad" bottle. In Soi Cowboy actualy. It really was undrinkable. But it was changed for me without any problem.

• 1 month later...

its always amazing after a long month + trip in LOS like this to have my 1st beer back in the States - each time my reaction is "YUK! tastes like watered down toilet water or something..."

Well, as we say in Australia... "American Beer: Its like making love in a canoe... fucking close to water!" ;)

mongatu said:

Glad to hear that the Pacer's is still going strong. Have some fun memories from that place in the mid 70's. Was the first establishment of that type I ever went to.

Mongatu,

I heard of Pacers years before I even went to San Diego, some fellow programmers somehow did a lot of thier coding in that place and in the comments in their code they often mentioned how certain logic routines in certain modules were figured out while in Pacers. Funny thing was, the coding that was done at Pacers by those guys ended up being some of the most stable and trouble free code of all the code we had to deal with in those years.

Just so happens I just returned from another trip to San Diego only hours ago. Didn't hit Pacers this time as I was staying in downtown San Diego, but did hit a copy cat place called Dirty Dan's - not too bad, however to me all but 1 or 2 girls were, well, FAT! - and guys in suits were paying $20.00 a song to get 'sat on' by these girls while these girls were wearing bikinis (modern "PC" lap dances I guess), was pretty sad to see but the girls were friendly enough and they did have Samuel Adams on tap... me, I did talk to the girls but held my money to spend on Skanky Klosters in Pattaya... :p

FlyPapillon said:

Well, as we say in Australia... "American Beer: Its like making love in a canoe... fucking close to water!" ;)

Fly,

"Making Love in a canoe" - I get seasick just thinking about that. Having been back in the US for a month I still miss the beers of LOS, but I do have a nice stock of Thai whiskey - each trip I bring back a bottle, Sang Som's my favorite... :p

Archived