Beware: Skanky Klosters in Pattaya

BrownFox77

Been in Pattaya nearly a week now and had the pleasure of meeting up with some Nanaplaza Pattaya field agents, Lucky_Falang and Khun_Kong, a more detailed report to follow...

I normally drink Klosters beer only because its among the weakest allowing me to 'last longer', however in Pattaya had some real bad Skanky Klosters - one at Paris GoGo was so bad I still tasted it still in the morning! So, often drink Calsberg in Pattaya now which I like better anyway but it is a bit stronger than Klosters. Hadn't seen this Skanky Kloster problem in Bangkok so wanted to warn other Kloster drinkers about it...

Kloster has always been my tipple but I thought it was one of the stronger beers. Try Singha Gold if you want a 'light' beer, it's only 4%

Sometimes a bottle or 2 of any brand of beer gets left at the bottom of the freezer for too long, especially if there's been a low demand for it and it goes off.

themayorofpattaya said:

Kloster has always been my tipple but I thought it was one of the stronger beers. Try Singha Gold if you want a 'light' beer, it's only 4%

Thanks Mayor,

Forgot all about Singa Gold and it wasn't too bad as I recall. Don't know what the % content of Klosters is but it does seem to be known as one of the "weaker" beers in LOS. One NEP mamasam even made a comment to me that "cannot get Mau on Kloster beer".

My "M.O." is to normally start the night with the lighter beers and then switch to stronger beers (or even mixed drinks) as the night goes on...

I normally drink Klosters beer only because its among the weakest

Hi There.

Kloster is my favourite tipple in Thailand. (When I can get it outside BKK or Pattaya that is!) It is actually 5.2% alcohol, so definitely not a weak beer! (Click on the link below for more info).

I think that the Kloster you drank was of old stock. I have had this happen once before. The beer tasted bitter, not "clean" and I sent it back and changed it without a problem. Did it have a traditional "Kloster" label on it, or one of the interim green "K" labels on it? (Which would mean its an old batch). Don't give up on Kloster!!! The less people who drink it, the less chance of it being available in future, and that would be a tradgedy! :beer:

Kloster Beer Info

Fly,

Thanks for the Link and Kloster info! Never realized Kloster was about as strong as Carsberg before. Been back in Bangkok awhile now and all the Klosters here are great. In Pattaya, I actually got 'bad' Klosters in several different GoGos and figured their shipment must have been pretty old or something.

In Bangkok I see many folks drinking Klosters and I do remember the K-Classic which somehow tasted better to me.

Being from the US its always amazing after a long month + trip in LOS like this to have my 1st beer back in the States - each time my reaction is "YUK! tastes like watered down toilet water or something..." :eek:

Archived