RENTAL CARS OR NOT

Having a rental car in BKK is a total waste of time. It's easier and cheaper to get into a taxi and go from here to there.

If travelling around Thailand it's a possibility, you can get off the beaten track a little bit. Stop off in small towns etc....

If you want to go to areas all over thailand an option is use public transport into the district your interested in and then rent a car locally for heading off around the area.

BEWARE of nightime driving outside of towns.

Two large trucks racing down the road at you on a 2 lane road is not fun. They"re bigger than you are and therefore have right of way

I agree. I would never rent a car in Bangkok.

However, the last time we visited my wife's

home village, we flew to Khon Kaen and then rented a car for five days. It was a blast; and I got to really see the countryside in this area of Isaan.

I would also agree that it is not wise to drive at night, although we did drive around the vilage at night. I have never seen a policeman in the village; but, they are out

there when one goes from city to city.

As was previously stated, Bkk is not very car friendly, but whenever I got to LOS I always rent a car because my wife has me spend weeks driving all over Issan. Outside of Bkk it is rather easy to drive except for driving on the "opposite" side of the road which is not relevant if you are British/Austrailian. Jay

Archived