Getting bumped off flights on purpose

Hello

Just wondering if any of you people have ever got bumped or turned away from your outward flight from LOS through lack of seats.The reason I'm asking is because,I'v always arrived at the airport from Pattaya with several hours to spare.The last time about 18 months ago was a particular gruesome moment for me,you all know the score,absolutely gutted to be leaving your BG behind etc.

Anyway,once I got home I started to think about some of these stories you hear about people not being able to board a flight.About passengers being given cash compensation and or hotel accom untill the next available flight.Bkk airport allways seems to be pretty busy to me,so does any body know more about this or have even experienced it.

If i was given the chance for a couple more days in LOS I'd happily accept as I'v never got to get back home at any given date.Once got free food and accomodation at the Salte Oberie in Kathmandu,that flight was cancelled though not through lack of seat space.

Regards,Alan.

You mean you want a couple extra days in LOS because the airline gave you a false boarding pass and your seat was full?

That has happened to me in third world places like Lagos, where a lot of other things have happened to me, but never in Thailand. I did get a night at the BKK Airport hotel once care of Egypt Air flight rescheduling, but suggest the best way to get extra days stopover is to pay for them your self to be sure.

Cheers,

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Palatkik ]

Alan--

For some strange reason, you really don't hear about lots of people getting bumped (or even the airlines asking for possible volunteers to be bumped if needed)...

For me, I've had it happen to me only twice. Once this year and once last year... The problem is that with all these airline alliances if one airline bumps you, (for example, United Airlines) they will accomodate you on one of their partners flights (for example, Thai or Singapore) therefore effectively making you only a few hours late, not bumping you for the entire night...

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: I agree with the earlier post, if you want a few more days, just delay your return. The normal penalty is usually US$100+/- When you consider that the average ticket to BKK can be US$700+ what's another $100 for a few more nights of sanuk???!!!

Archived