Grinning from Ear to Ear in the Land of Smiles

zanemay

Guest lazyphil

I'd rather read a sex maniacs report than a bunch of contrived righteous crap from a holier than thou reformed whoremonger. Just spent two weeks hanging out in various inlaws homes around Pathum Thani and Nonthaburi but I need to experience LOS much more deeply of course :help:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I got nailed for asking about a christmas church service>>

You knew the answer to that request before you posted it!--I felt you were trying to promote yourself as a good Christian but seem to fail to exude true Christian values such as love thy neighbor. I remember I suggested a location of Christian worship to which you made no reaction to--I guess my lifestyle choice repulses you so left you feeling to aloof to reply me.

Hello Fly:

Your comments about Zane:

"he tells everybody what thailand is about without having seen anything worth mentioning apart from beachroad. he spreads misinpormation."

Why are you really so concerned about what Zane writes about? All this talk about misinformation and not having anything worth mentioning. Would you like to censor him? Is your viewpoint the most important viewpoint (4300+posts)?

Hopefully people who read such posts do it to be entertained rather than looking to get information from experts on Thailand. There might be better places, even on this board, to do that.

Fly,

Okay. I wasted about 40 minutes yesterday crafting a reply to each of your points and accusations, and an explanation of my feelings and ideas for this board, as a moderator and a long standing member of the board. I lost the electric power to the house as I was almost finsished, and dammit, lost the post. This reply will be an abbreviated one.

"in the real world, when someone writes something, he automatically puts his writing and himself under public scrutinity and open criticism."

Yeah, and in the real world the writer is usually getting paid to write a book you will buy, or do a piece in a newspaper you will pay to read. And in the real world if you take exception to an author's writings and begin stalking him everywhere and trying to disrupt his life, or his work, or try to silence his voice there are laws to deal with you and your ilk. Here there doesn't seem to be, but I'll talk to KS and see what we can do to try to end this sort of harassment by those who seem to think this sort of behaviour is okay.There should be a rule against this shit. It keeps people from posting, it stifles the board from being as diverse as possible so that all who come here may have something they can enjoy, and who the fuck made you or any one member here the moral "voice" of this board?

"style will be criticised as well as content. and if the main subject of that piece is the writer himself he will have to be ready to be criticised as well."

Yeah right. Listen dude, when was the last time you wrote to the newspaper you read about an op ed piece you disagreed with? You're full of it. What you've done, along with a few others here, is find someone you disagree with, and now you will try to silence him every time he writes what you don't like. You seriously think this is cool? I don't, and I find it irksome that you or any other member of this board is going to try to tell me and others here what we can read, what we like to see here, to tell us that certain things aren't wanted here. The rules are here now. If the post in within the rules, and you don't like what you are reading, the response is very simple. Don't read it anymore. Very simple. I have no problem with arguing the post itself, but some of these guys are basically attacking the poster, because they don't like him, or what he writes. This is fucking wrong. I'm speaking up about it. It's bullshit. And I hope KS will do something about this.

"one grows through criticism."

Hahaha. Nice. One grows dude through "Constructive" criticism. You seem to have forgotten this. Criticism for it's own sake grows nothing. And criticism to stifle others views because they don't agree with yours is nothing more then a twisted form of censorship. And I never said you shouldn't post discussion on the post itself. I said, don't attack the poster. And I feel that extended harassment of a poster you don't like is a form of cyber stalking, and should NOT be tolerated on this board of diverse opinions and people.

"now, you may have the power here to delete, censor or supress any sort of criticism. you may rant against posters or opinions you do not like, but you do forget that this may work well for you on some internet board where you are the moderator."

Hahahaha. The pot calling the kettle black is it then?

Did you notice my thick witted friend that I never deleted the post? I left it there. And once again please actually read what I wrote there, and here. Some seem to read without actually reading, or understanding. And although I may have been over the top in my expression, I do seem to see a renewed discussion going on now of these problems, and some action. :-) Seems to have gotten attention. :-)

"what you cannot supress though is what people will think about those rants, and about you."

Who? You mean people like you?! Could care less.

"and that will also reflect in the acceptance of your own stories,"

Hahahahaha. Why? You seem to think I can not have my own opinions just because I write some silly stories about my times in the country. Are you serious brother?

"or how serious people will take the forum you moderate here."

Oh, I think they will take me serious all right. You seem to think many of the members of the board agree with you and the others who would have the board only to their liking. I think you are wrong. Many would rather see a more diverse board, and a laying off of the bullies who try to stifle what they don't agree with. I'm with the others on this Fly baby.

"if you just want that forum here just as a mutual appreciation society, content: pubertarian wankstories - fine, but then, just say so and don't pretend anything else."

So don't fucking read the pubescent wank stories! Are you that dense that you don't realize that is all you have to do. What right do you have to say that others shouldn't be able to read what they enjoy?

"as to the rest of your rant and flames - well, we know all that they were just thrown into the air without targetting anyone in specific..."

You are correct in this. I did not target any one individual. It was the mindset I flamed, not an individual.

"now, why do i alway criticise zane may's stories?"

Because you have nothing better to do? :-) Write a story for god's sake man.

And thanks for admitting right here above that you "always criticize" Zane's stories. (See it KS?) I hope KS takes note of this, and remedies the situation. You aren't the only one guilty of doing this. I suppose a rule will need to be made to stop this sort of "cyber stalking".

"1. i will not hide that i am not very comfortable with his conduct, but well..."

Yeah, but well.....tough shit. Don't read them if you don't like them. Simple. But allow the rest of us the choice to choose what we want to read.

"2. and more serious, is his patronising tone. patronising towards the girls he sleeps with, the people of this country, people he who have lived here far longer, have a far wider experience than he. people he might be able to learn something from."

Sigh. Again, don't read them. Or at least post argument about the post, not the author. Really, this isn't hard to do usually.

"3. he makes so many factual mistakes about the place here, the people, the culture and anything."

Again, correct the factual mistakes, not the author of the post.

"4. he tells everybody what thailand is about without having seen anything worth mentioning apart from beachroad. he spreads misinpormation."

Your opinion, and really Fly, not eveyone on here is all that interested in all things Thai. A lot of the guys are just here for a holiday. You and others like myself are more deeply involved in the LOS with all that. but not everyone really cares as much, and why the hell should they? Just because you think it would be good for them? Let it rest. (And here a lot of the "you's" I'm putting in here aren't directed just at you Fly. More general audience really.)

"again, you may delete my post here, because, as you said, you have the power."

I've deleted maybe three posts in the many years I've been moderating here Fly, and have rarely had any problems in my section. Do you think this excessive? I'm probably the least intrusive moderator on here, besides Jago.

"but that basically only means that you are some weak character who can not face up to criticism."

Hahahaha. You really are something Fly. Go screw yourself. Now that's a flame. (Mod please delete! :-) BTW Fly I am no longer the mod of the trip reports section, only the new stories section. So play nice in my section. Do what you like in the others! :-)

"remember, that here is just some virtual reality, gagaland. if you can't stand any sort of dissent in gagaland - how can you in real life?"

Dissent isn't the same as what is happening at times here. Much different actually Fly. Much different. If you can't see the difference then you have a problem.

"don't think that people are stupid - just because you can play up here,"

actually Fly I can play anywhere. And I don't think people are stupid, that's why I am pissed off and speaking up.

"because you have the button does not mean that you are respected."

And you are I suppose? :-) Don't confuse intimdated with respect dude. I am not easily intimidated. There is the difference.

Nice talking with you Fly. :-) Basically you are doing to me now what you want to do to Zane? Will you now follow me and post in every post I write? :-) (Just joking!) I hope you can see what I'm trying to say here, and what it is that ticks me off. If you can't understand, then I guess you never will. Please forgive my passion in my language. I was angry. :-) But really, I do have the board's best interests at heart, and I always stick up for the underdog. It's a fault of mine, but hey, I like it really. I believe if you don';t like something, or a certain poster, just don't read it or him or her anymore. It's very simple. Let the rest of us enjoy what we want. There's room for all. Diversity will only give the board the chance to grow and continue pulling in new members. To do otherwise will cause the board to stagnate. Which will one day prove the end of this fine board.

Cent

i try to cut it a bit short here, not to bore everybody to death, and because i'm not such a machinegun typer.

the whole thing is about why i am personally so pissed of with zanemays posts.

see, if zane may would write about what great time he has with hookers and bargirls and whatever i wouldn't spent a minute on posting on his threads. he would just do what thousands of others are doing: living out his fantasies in areas specifically designated to that with girls whose profession is exactly fullfilling such blokes fantasies (i might still wonder why someone has to wash his laundry in public, but whatever...not worth spending much thought on, much less a post). and i even would care the slightest if he fucks them up the arse with or without a condom - he would just do what many others are doing as well. up to him.

the problem with zanemay though is that he is a threat to my personal peace and privacy. here is one exemplary quote, of a tone which goes all over his posts:

>>>>Two have never been with farangs before and two have only gone with one or two. They are all fun and affectionate and they were all willing students in the Zane May Academy of Sexual Favors. I've taught them to do everything just the way I like it and what they can do with their tongues will truly amaze those who come after me! (Gentlemen, you are welcome!)<<<

he gives the impression as if any middleaged pseudo casanova can come to thailand and chat up any woman, and can get all his wetdreams fulfilled (well, he can with the professionals, but...). now, i won't speculate on the truth of what he claims, but that's not the point.

the point is that countless blokes do read that stuff with their dicks in their hand, and dream in the cold lonely west exactly what zane claims to live here. and he tells them that their wtdreams can be fullfilled here with some average thai woman.

those are then the misguided wankers who make passes at women like my missus while she shops, or sits on the skytrain, or goes upcountry on a train, etc....the wankers who embarrass the shit out of so many thai women all over th place, give us westerners such an incredible bad reputation here which does in turn inspire racism against us (which is now fairly obvious to the most stupid idiot that this starts falling on fertile ground here under the thai population).

and yes, it does happen way too often that my missus, even though she is already 35, has to fight off such wankers.

you get my drift here?

you may want diversity, which is only applaudable, but there is diversity, and there is bullshit. some pedophile's experiences might be seen as diversity, but i reckon that neither i, you, nor zane would want that sort of diversity on this board here.

but you gotta understand that i do not want the sort of diversity here which does give the very wrong impression that normal thai women could serve as the fulfillment of some average wanker's wetdrams, and ultimately results in lowering the quality of my and my wife's real life.

there are lots of thai normal women from all socioeconomical backgrounds who would not mind at all to marry a westerner, but not to serve as his sexobject and fulfillment of his wetdreams.

so, my hopefully not so dense friend..., i do hope that you can fathom my point here.

Archived