Grinning from Ear to Ear in the Land of Smiles

zanemay

First, Zane is not giving anyone any impressions. You are creating your own impressions from what you read based on your own experiences, culture, intelligence, etc. The impressions you are describing say more about yourself than about Zane. I don?t have the same impressions as you have.

The only way you can say that Zane?s stories are affecting what farang?s are doing in Thailand is to present proof that this did not happen before Zane starting writing his reports. Your anecdotal stories of your personal experiences are not proof of anything, and you cannot show any direct relationship to what was written here. Your question of someone else?s integrity only shows your lack of it. Show the proof or stop your harassment. I believe you are just on a witch-hunt.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cropduster (40 posts ;) ), maybe you should get a bit more of the feel of the board before getting involved in a debate already going on for several years.

but to answer you post: reality is not singular. so, pleease...of course zanemay is just one of the many who only add to the misbelieve that all thai women are so smitten with middleaged westerners that wherever such gentleman might appear those women can't wait to offer their all wholes to them.

here on this board though he is the major proponent of that believe (and that since years). so, i can't change the world, but i can add my comment on this board here with the hope that some people might understand.

and prove enough for me is that since the beginning of the internet sextourist incidents of harrassment of people like my wife by misguided western leaches have dramatically increased. i let you know that i have made this country my home before internet days (yes, hard to believe but there were such times), so i have a certain comparism.

flyonzewall said:

cropduster (40 posts ;) ), maybe you should get a bit more of the feel of the board before getting involved in a debate already going on for several years.

Cropduster,

I know you're not buying this!

This guy just has to get in the last word and he finds any way he can to criticize. In this case he tries to trivialize what you have to say by telling everyone that you "only" have 40 posts. 40 posts isn't "only" man! He suggesting you aren't ready to play with the Big Boys!

He tells other guys they don't know anything because they haven't lived in Thailand 11 years. When you or I have been in Thailand 11 years, believe me we will still know nothing, because by that time 20 years will be the requirement. We'll never have enough posts or enough years or be able to speak Thai well enough to have a worthy opinion.

Now we are supposed to believe that he is motivated by chivalary towards Thai women he sees as too fragile to deal with the real world, which is full of hundreds of times more staring, babbling Thai lechers than Farangs. The logic is that because people don't just go to bargirls, guys from around the world come to Thailand and misbehave. I take it then that if he can bully people into not writing their true stories, the so called wankers who are making passes at nice ladies on the Sky Train will stay home and Thai people will like him better?

Or has he just chosen a target on which to take out his frustrations about bad mannered farangs, even though the target doesn't seem to be bad mannered at all?

Cropduster, I know you have to have a cool head to Fly around all these hazards. Hats off to you! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

GG

>>>In this case he tries to trivialize what you have to say by telling everyone that you "only" have 40 posts. 40 posts isn't "only" man! He suggesting you aren't ready to play with the Big Boys!<<<

a smily generally indicates humor. so it is in this case. if you go a few posts back you might get a clue where this might come from in this specific case.

>>>When you or I have been in Thailand 11 years, believe me we will still know nothing, because by that time 20 years will be the requirement. We'll never have enough posts or enough years or be able to speak Thai well enough to have a worthy opinion.<<<

there are many posters here who have in some, and others also in all, aspects far more knowledge and experience than me. i am not shy or embarrassed to accept and publically acknowledge that.

should i name some of them?

there are certain aspects of thailand where i have very little knowledge about, and i am glad when i can learn from those poster's experience.

do i need to name those aspects where i know very little about?

>>>which is full of hundreds of times more staring, babbling Thai lechers than Farangs.<<<

actually, if you ever see and listen to how thais chat up their women here, you would definately not have made that statement here. thai language is perfectly suited to very subtle and humorous flirts, full of expressions and words which can mean on one hand a very innocent and straight thing, but paired with the right nonverbal communication such might mean something far less innocent. chatting up women is brought here to a very high art. it's something of a national sport (unfortunately though rape as well, but that is a different topic).

even though thailand might be, according to you, full of "thai leachers", is that a justification to be, as a westerner, a leacher as well?

anyhow, i can only talk out of personal experience here, and that is that we have far more problems with farangs making passes at my wife than thais.

flyonzewall said:

a smily generally indicates humor. so it is in this case. if you go a few posts back you might get a clue where this might come from in this specific case.

However your posts are so full of ridicule that it is impossible to tell that a smiley is humorous rather than sarcastic.

flyonzewall said:

actually, if you ever see and listen to how thais chat up their women here, you would definately not have made that statement here. thai language is perfectly suited to very subtle and humorous flirts

You make my point when I said: "We'll never have enough posts or enough years [color:"blue"]or be able to speak Thai well enough[/color] to have a worthy opinion."

GG

To judge the ability of someone to contribute based on the number of posts they have is first of all narrow-minded, prejudgemental, elitist and egotistical, besides being just plain wrong. To show you how faulty your logic and reasoning are:

I have more than 40 posts though cropduster may only have this many. I have also been on this board longer than you, and was also on the previous Delphi board. I have had many other usernames in the past and will have many more in the future. For all you know cropduster could be Khun Sanuk. Wouldn?t that rock your thought process? Sorry, I don?t give a nat?s ass about how many posts you have, it does not prove anything about what you know. It does show other things though.

You first stated that anyone could comment on zanemay?s post because he posted it. I guess you think the same doesn?t apply to your posts. So only people with how many posts in your estimation would qualify to comment on your posts? I believe in freedom of speech as long as it doesn?t propagate hate or affect people?s rights. You don?t. You should know, coming from a European country, something about where censorship can lead.

Now on to your gripe about what zanemay has written. Your contention that what zanemay writes would cause people to think that all Thai women can?t wait to offer their holes isn?t borne up by the clipping that you took from his post. It says in that clipping that the two women had only been with a farang once or twice before. Wouldn?t that lead someone to believe just the opposite of what you are saying? It seems to me that it illustrates that Thai women would usually not want to lie down for the first farang they meet. Which is the opposite of what you surmised.

I don?t agree with you that the Internet is the major cause of this negative activity. I prefer to think that the Internet, like all educational/informational mediums, such as books, will create a net increase in people?s understanding. Knowledge is usually enlightening.

What you believe to be an increase in harassment against Thai women could be caused by many other factors other than the internet and influenced by your current perception of the situation compared to your perception 11 years ago, not to mention your time tarnished recollection of the said events. While I admire your efforts to try to improve the life of Thai people I do not agree with your tactics here. If you restrain from the personal assaults on a poster?s character and just commented on the post itself, I think that you would have a lot more credibility.

I won?t have any more posts on this matter, I have better things to do. I know you like to have the last word anyway (4300+ posts :neener: ), so knock yourself out. I?ll leave it up to the moderators to ensure that there are no more personal attacks on anyone here.

Over and Out,

I?ll leave it up to the moderators to ensure that there are no more personal attacks on anyone here.

Ok Cropduster, FlyW and all involved here. DING< DING< DING !!!

Everyone to a neutral corner.

Everyone has had a chance and more to express their personal points of view. :up: Well and good, now lets move on.

As your new moderator this forum has a high tolerance level, but we still follow board rules, and this is becoming a personal spat. So everyone shake hands and lets get on with it or my first action as the new mod will be to lock this down tighter than an orange alert. :nono:

Now lets all go back to the sanuk portion of this board. :beer:

LaoHuLi ... Moderator

as to your rant about the number of posts: just go back a few posts and see who was the one who mentioned the number of post the first time. a hint - it wasn't me...

as to so called "personal attacks" against zanemay: if you take the time to go through the posts in this thread you will see that i have restrained myself to argue his writings - not his person. so far you, and others, have defended zane the person, but failed to argue my points, well... apart from: "fly is on a witchhunt", etc.

basically, i mainly am just waiting for a response from cent here. wonder why that doesn't come? or did he already exhaust his stock of flames?

Fly,

Okay, before LaoHuli closes this thread and I am accused of "ducking" you in this reply to your rant on "why I hate Zane May" let me just say a couple more things.

You tell us once again that you don't like Zane's posts. Well, this is known. No shit. We really don't need to hear it again, nor the reasons why really. You tell us why you don't like what he writes. What you still don't seem to understand is that it does not fucking matter what you like. It gives you no right to go on and on about it. It gives you no right to harass the guy. It gives you no right to try to impose your twisted way of silencing a poster you don't like.

Why didn't you answer the questions I posed you in my post?

And what part of "just don't read it" don't you understand?

Do you seriously believe that a post on here drives men wild and makes them want to harass innocent Thai women on the street? Does your wife wear a wedding ring? Should no farang man ever approach a Thai woman on the street just because they may be hitting on your wife? How the hell are they ever going to find their "good Thai girl" if they don't try to meet women outside the P4P industry then? :-) Maybe you can tell all the guys here where it is permissible to hit on women in Thailand? Or are they all off limits because you don't like it?

On one hand you berate those involved in the P4P scene. Taking advantage of those poor unknowing and unprotected girls. The beasts. Then you say they can't try to pick up Thai women on the street or BTS either. Which shall it be then? Or maybe all farangs should just quit coming to Thailand and leave it all to you, the noble and all knowing god of farangland. Give us a break will ya? Jesus.

Hey, yes, there are some assholes that don't know how to behave. I'll grant you that. (Pattaya's full of 'em!) :-) But to say they learn this from the internet, from this board, from Zane's posts is so out there it is laughable, if you weren't so serious that is. To think you actually believe this is disturbing.

And as to why I haven't rushed to argue some more with you. I have a life. :-) I don't spend 20 hours a fucking day here waiting with bated breath your every post. Get real man. And if you think the amount of posts makes the man here, you are seriously deluded! :-) And like Cropduster showed you, how the hell do you know who is who on here, and how long they've been in the LOS. By how many posts they have under a certain name? Come on man. I could have ten guys on here in a day's time, all brand new user names, that have more experience here than 95% or more of the board, and some of them more than you too. And every one of them will tell you they still don't know a smidgen of what they'd like to know about this country, the people, and especially the women. It's a learning process.

Get this, man. Not everyone on here is at the same level of experience in the LOS as you. There are differing levels of members here. Please let them go through their own experiences and get their own time in grade. And yeah, let them post their experiences without putting them down because they are newer to the experience of the LOS, or even because they have a different way of experiencing the LOS that you don't agree with. Share your experiences, but quit preaching that your view, your experience, is the only true way, and everyone else is just some misguided scumbag that has no right to come here, or write about their own experiences here. And let those that enjoy them do so, and just ignore their posts if you don't like them. Really now, no one has a gun to your head saying, "Read those goddamned Zane May posts or I'll blow your head off!" Do they?

Your "excuse" for doing this crap is contrived and complete hogwash. Stop shucking and jiving and just admit what you're doing is wrong, and knock it off.

This is all I can say really. It's all redundant now. If you can't understand this I don't know what more I or anyone else can say. Maybe KS can explain it to you better. I won't write more on this to you here. Let LaoHuli close this thread. PM me if you want to argue more, but I really don't have the time to spend on this with someone who is so fixed in his mind that he is right that the likelyhood of him ever understanding is extremely small, and will probably never change his mind. There's really nothing more left to say.

You said before in another post that "people aren't stupid", but then you'd have us all believe that Zane's posts are causing farang to bother your wife and this is why you want to harass him into not posting anymore. Who's acting like people are stupid now?

If I offend you with what I'm saying, well, I'm sorry. I don't want to offend anyone. BUT, what you and certain others are doing I find offensive, and I will speak out against it. And I wish all those who also find this crap offensive would speak out as well. It's time. The board belongs to all of us, not just a certain few.

Cent

p.s. And flames? Brother I haven't flamed you at all! :-)

Archived