Any smokers flights to LOS left?

Man at Work

I am one of the few left species of nicotin adicts. Does anyone know about an Airline, that still allows smoking? Last Year I went with Indonesians GARUDA, but they do not service BKK from Frankfurt anymore. So what now?

Any hint would be apreciated crazy.gif" border="0

And please all you so very reasonable people, spare me your QUIT IT posts mad.gif" border="0

Thanks for your help.

MaW

Man at Work--

I was intrigued by your question. While I am not a smoker, I wanted to know how many smoking alowed airlines are left...

I used my OAG account and found that only JL allows smoking (only on a few intra-asia sectors) in asia... Other than JL, there are still a few small africa carriers and a few south american carriers that still allow limited smoking.. It looks like if you want to go to/from BKK you'll have to go "no fumar" or "mai mee buree"... sorry

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry to chime in a bit late but --

JL (Japan Airlines) as well as NH (ANA) have banished all smoking on flights for over 2 years now. I fly JL a few times a year SFO/NRT and beyond to BKK & Hong Kong.

At least in NRT and most other non-USA airports, they have smoking areas in the vicinity of the gate, as opposed to the draconian American airports.

Ciao!

micsnee

I don't smoke but believe Philippine Airlines is a smoking long haul airline but they prob don't service many intl destinations anymore after they crashed finiancially and re-commenced operations.

micsnee--

Are you sure about the JL thing?? OAG is reporting that on "selected segments" that they still have smoking allowed seats... OAG may be wrong, but I wanted to be sure.. I suspect that if JL still has smoking left it's got be on those intra-Japan or short-haul intra-asia segments....

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by UPSer:

micsnee--

Are you sure about the JL thing?? OAG is reporting that on "selected segments" that they still have smoking allowed seats... OAG may be wrong

--UPSer
laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Hi UPSer,

Ooops, I overlooked the continuation of this thread so sorry for being late for my reply.

JL has definitely banned all smoking flights, both domestic and short/long international segments, same same with ANA. So probably OAG hasn't updated the info for a while -- somewhat amazing considering that OAG is American publication, you'd think they'd be heralding another American policy conquest. Or could it be a subtle conspiracy to steer the good American travellers away from "backwards" non-US carriers? wink.gif" border="0

Ciao!

micsnee

Archived