Any smokers flights to LOS left?

Man at Work

Smoking affects non-smokers, ie the smoke does drift, it leaves a smell on the aircraft, it requires more cleaning time on the aircraft,imagine the extra time to wash down all the walls and ceiling panels in smoking areas and adjacent areas plus the damage to seat covers. The covers are fire proof and expensive, they don't go up in flames but they do get singed and when that happens they have to be removed and thrown away, so overall it is easier and cheaper for the airline to not have a smoing zone.

Whats the big deal with all these Anti Smokers

There are other items to be addressed.

If people could smoke on long flights they wouldnt drink so much and possibly air rage incidents would diminish.

I had to drink myself into a comma from Japan to NYC. I woke up over washington state and was dying for a smoke.

Of course my 6am flight from BK to Japan I was also passed out from bargirl to 5 am. All this was back in June. I just made my flight. laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

I've had to do a lot of long-hauls over the last few years, and the gum, while nasty frown.gif" border="0 kept me from going nuts.

Recently I talked my doctor into a prescription for nicotrol inhalers. These are 4mg nicotine cartridges that you load into a cigarette filter type inhaler. Takes the nicotine edge off as well as the psychological part - hand to mouth then inhale action. They also have a little bit of a bite in the back of the throat like smoking.

I ended up on one trip in a non-smoking hotel room and didn't mind as I had these. I still smoke when possible, but these will do when its not. smile.gif" border="0

Archived