Western Union - getting $$$ or Baht in BKK ??

OCgringo

Hi all..

Where is there a Western Union office around lower Suk , I seem to remember one about Suk 6 or so

Also if you have money sent to you in US$ do they give you US$ or baht ?

is a passport good enough ID ?

and at what exchange rate ?

I have some money being sent to me next week and wondering if its just as easy to get in in BKK as here,

Here in California its hard to get cash from Western Union (its 800 US$)

they normally give you a Western Union money order that you have to deposit and wait

thanks

The exchange rate blows bigtime. As far as I can tell, Western Union is the most expensive way to move money to LOS. I would recommend transferring the cash to your US account and make 2 $400 ATM withdrawals on successive days. If you want US currency, consider someone express mailing travelers cheques to you.

The western union web site lists all the places you can pick up. It wil be in baht. Usually a bank so cash is given.

The exchange rate will suck for sure! As will the fees. Really bad. But in a pinch......

OK, I looked it all up for you:

Fee is $62 for $800. Rate is 36.7. You can pick it up at the post office (Nana on Skhmvt) but unsure if cash. Same same at Robinsons or Central Dept stores. Cash for sure at any Bank of Ayudhya, Bank of Asia, Siam Bank, Siam City Bank. Many options there.

Passport is enough. l

thanks for looking it up......

its going to be sent Western Union too me no matter what , as its a guy paying for some Ebay stuff from Europe,

that parts a done deal.....

so is the $62 what it costs to send it ? or accept it ?

But even with that the exchange rate sucks

again thanks

I used the bank between soi 5 and soi 7. I was surprised they provided the exchange not by the exchange rate posted at Western Union's website, but the bank's exchange rate.

Archived