Bus Ride to Pattaya from BKK

mackey144

Pattaya127 - Now you've gone and done it. You've gotten ME all worked up. I've just put the finishing touches on the itinerary for my next Bangkok odyssey and you've got me thinking about a side trip to Pattaya. So many many puying suay mak mak, so little time. frown.gif" border="0

Chicago Dave

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i took the bus twice from bangkok, first was ok but the second i have no idea how i did it but i got the wrong bus, when i walked in the bus station i was greeted by what looked like a captain of a ship. He said are you going to pattaya which i replied yes, he grabbed my bag and took me past the first window on the right, and took me straight forward. when the bus left the station it was very empty and if anyone made the mistake i did you know exactly what happened next. This bus stopped every few minutes at bus stops and waited longer just incase people changed there mind if they wanted to use the bus or not.Instead of a two hour trip it was more like four and a half.

not a good day shocked.gif" border="0

At the Eastern terminal the first ticket window on your right is for Pattaya (90B). When you walk out the back to the buses the Pattaya bus is the first one on your right. The ticket taker will make sure you are on the right Pattaya bus as every bus and seat is reserved. The biggest problem I have is getting in the correct seat. The seat numbers are painted on the back of the seats. Don't sit in the one with your number on it, sit in the seat behind it so you can see your seat number on the seat in front of you. If you make a mistake someone will help you out.

The tickets have arabic numerals so you can read the bus number, time of departure and seat number. Unless you ask for something different, you will get a ticket for the next avaialbe bus.

quote:

Originally posted by pattayaman:

The biggest problem I have is getting in the correct seat. The seat numbers are painted on the back of the seats. Don't sit in the one with your number on it, sit in the seat behind it so you can see your seat number on the seat in front of you.

Are you sure about this? I could swear that the number refers to the seat it's fastened to, not the one facing it. I've always done it this way and not once found myself in the wrong seat. The bus was always full, incidentally, so surely if I was wrong someone would have been standing there wondering why this farang is sitting in their seat? I know Thais may be shy to come forward sometimes but I can't have been getting it wrong all this time without somebody mentioning it, or can I?

Actually, many thais need to be shown their place by the little usherette. There is a whole waltz of people having to get up and be re-assigned when the farang wants his seat as numbered. thais sit anywhere they find, and would not look twice at the seat number for such a short ride. Long distance is another matter. IMO

Hi!

DJ1999J

You are absolutely correct. This often causes confusion among farangs. I don't know about north America but European busses are numbered as Pattaya127 describes it.

The fact that Thais take the wrong seat is often due to the fact that some Farang has taken their seat and they don't want to cause a fuss about it.

regards

ALHOLK

Alholk, thanks that's cleared it up. I thought it was that way round.

P127, good point. All these farangs in their seats, behaving oh so correctly, who do we think we're kidding, lol!

Archived