Bus Ride to Pattaya from BKK

mackey144

I will be staying at Nana for the first couple of days and then will be heading to Pattaya. I usually take one of those expensive taxis...but am considering to take a bus. I have heard that there is a bus station close by to Nana, and that you can access it by using the sky train. Have any of you used this mode of tranportation? How much is the fare? Where exactly is the Bus station? Any comments welcome. Thank You

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by mackey144:

I will be staying at Nana for the first couple of days and then will be heading to Pattaya. I usually take one of those expensive taxis...but am considering to take a bus. I have heard that there is a bus station close by to Nana, and that you can access it by using the sky train. Have any of you used this mode of tranportation? How much is the fare? Where exactly is the Bus station? Any comments welcome. Thank You

Bus station is at Ekamai - there is a skytrain station there. Sukhumvit Soi 63 or 42. Fare on the bus WAS B77 but I don't know if that is current. Hardest stretch is getting out of Sukhumvit so time your departure to miss rush hour. Should take about 2 hours. With luck you get sat next to the new love of your life.

At the other end the choice is the baht bus taxis which will wait until they are full and drive all over dropping everybody off or hop on a motorbike. Also, you can walk out onto the main road and hop on an ordinary baht bus.

LG

It takes 2 hours indeed, alot easier to leave BKK than to enter it. The fare is 90, i think. Also, this is one of the rides that i love the best: "going to Pattaya", but usually, the compositon of the bus does not say where you're heading (and i've taken it 30 or 40 times). Mostly normal thais employed in Pattaya, very few bargirls, 2 if you get lucky, but you sense they don't want to start "working" yet, and feel like leaving them appreciating their last 2 hours of time-off before getting back in an all too predictable schedule. I am often the only farang on the bus. But,ah! Do i love that ride, wondering what rythm your little heart is going to beat at very soon, etc...

Yes, what would the LOS experience be without that classic bus ride. If the bus looks like it won't be real crowded, then you may want to buy two tickets, so that you can be sure to have an open seat next to you. If the bus is going to sell out, then such a ploy would be rude, as it would deny another passenger a seat on the bus.

99% of the time, the bus toilet will be open. So, I recommend that you bring a couple beers and a water. Also, rest assured that the trip will be relatively safe. The ticket booth for the express* bus to Pattaya is the front booth on the right, as you face the station. And, the bus loads in the front parking spot (behind the station) on the right. Pretty easy. Enjoy your trip! laugh.gif" border="0

*Take the EXPRESS bus, ONLY!!!!

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

I also like taking the bus, especially now that there is a Skytrain station at the bus terminal. The fare is 90 for the A/C express. The interior of the bus has declined somewhat over the years, but the bus has never had a breakdown. There are a lot of buses so you don't have to wait more than a few minutes.

My recommendation is to load up on food and drink at the terminal. There are several stalls. I've sat next to some interesting expats, but the idea of buying 2 tickets is appealing if you want to read or sleep.

In Pattaya the baht bus will load up with other passangers and take you to your hotel for about 15B.

Perhaps a few bar girls on the bus, but seems to be mostly workers and a few farang. I've never been approached by any girl.

The bus ride is fine if a bit cramped for me. The only downer is having to deal with all those clowns at what passes for a depot in Pattaya. Why can't they extend the route to the middle of town. I'd gladly pay the 15-20 baht cost of the fuck-truck as a part of a higher bus fare if it meant not changing modes so close to the destination.

Add me to the list of guys who love the bus ride (it was 90bht back in october). You just take skytrain to Ekami, then go down the stairs, walk about 50-100 meters/yards back towards Nana, and you can't miss it! (the bus depot) go in, first window on your right! you are on your way! Try the ice coffe at the Stall in the waiting area! For me the best part is the ride into town, a truck (sangteiw?) with people and luggage packed in, then down the road and the beach comes into view (depending on how they go)!

When I went back in May, there were a few girls on the bus, a lot of older Thais, and a bunch of Katoeys doing their make up. We arrived in Pattaya, pile into the Sangtiew (sp) and head into town, the first stop...Alcazar, seems this bunch of was part of the show or something. So we drive off, and there is this bunch of katoeys waving goodbye to me! This french coulpe looks at me and says "...your friend?" kinda funny when I look back at it. Enjoy the ride!

Old Hippie - Add me to the same list. I took a taxi there and the bus back and enjoyed the bus more. Good A/C, comfortable seats, good location by the Skytrain and 90 baht sure beats 1,000 baht or more, which is what the taxis want. Cheers. Chicago Dave

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

For me the best part is the ride into town!

And the worse, when you are getting out to the airport. the day has finally arrived, and you see the bars vibrating and some faces so white or red that surely these guys just arrived as you go! Some girl smile at you from the curb but no, this will have to wait next year.... Sob, sob, sob!

PS: we west coast guys are lucky, we leave at 4 in the morning. Last year, I went out until 3.30 am (Tony's) and I left almost saying "see ya tomorrow night!". And that's the right way to feel about it. Pattaya is freakin' Brigadoon!!!. Just re-appears in the sky once every year for a week/month/season long night to disappear again, one year being one long waiting day. I am almost crying!!!

you can call me the Gene Kelly of Pattaya. That's who i am, singing in the khaen....

But hey! 3 weeks still and the long day is over!

Archived