U.S customs check?

pasathai,

I think you have solved the mystery. I think they mistake the goofy grins for a guilty look. However, if that was the case I would have been stopped on all my return flights from Thailand, Venezula, Costa Rica, and not least, Mexico.

And also not trying to be a smartass here. If you would have told the customes agents that you are not trying to be a smartass as many time as your last post, maybe, only maybe they would let you pass by without the close inspection. Again just a throught.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shygye--

100 SPM 4051

This sequence of letters and numbers indicates the officer's number (100), the letter abbrev of the POE that you used (SPM), and lastly the numeric port code (4051) that the USCS uses for that specific location.

My stamps for Jan look like this:

170 HHW 2042

120 SET 3804

160 LOS 5115

PFI TOR 387

325 ANC 2553

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: UPSer ]

Thanks Bro. No word yet but staffing is supposed to contact me now I've completed all the pre-employment steps. I'll try to PM you or email once I find out. My email is my boardname at yahoo dot com. Hope I'm allowed to put it here. Did congress approve us for the 6c retirement? I heard it was up before them in a bill.

Smitty

6c retirement....man I have heard that phrase ever since I have been here. There is one bill that was proposed at would grant 6c to CI, II, CEO's. I don't know of the statue on this bill. Every year a 6c bill gets proposed and nothing yet. This might be the best chance for it due to all the 9-11 aftermath. I will keep you informed if I hear anything

HDrider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HD:

Thanks for the extensive and useful information. For a guy like me who wants to make it as easy as possible to get through the checks and also to let you guys do your job I appreciate it.

I dont travel outside the country too much but went to the Philippines last year three times. Last time I traveled was April, 2001. POEs were LAX, SFO and DTW. In LA and SF, they just said hi and smiled as I walked on my way. In Detroit, they asked where I came from, marked my form and aske me to step "over there" for them to X-Ray my bag. After the X-Ray...that was it. No problem.....I appreciate the job you all have to do and actually prefer the extra intrusion in my life if it means security is a little better.

Anyway...onto my question. I am going to Thailand in May for two weeks? I take daily meds and anything I will take out with me (and back in) will be in perscription bottles and labled as required by Federal Law. Anything I buy, I will be sure to save receipts. Can you be any more specific about what Customs looks for when deciding in advance who to stop and search. Is it travel history, age, etc? Also, is there anything more I can do to make it easier for both the agent and myself when I do get back in the Country to help process me more quickly beside saving receipts and making sure to list EVERYTHING? (I dont anticipate buying very much there....certainly not more than $400!!)

Finally, when I leave, are the OUTGOING checks the USCS are doing done after the bags are checked in or prior to our checking bags with the airline? I am just trying to figure if I need to allow even more time and get to the airport earlier....

Thanks for the great information. You are good PR for our nation's CS.

PussyLover2

Archived