Yellow signs around NAN last nght ?

OCgringo

Well it looked like someone steped up and payed for some real signs , not old bedsheets !

Last night there were dozens of people walking around with pretty big yellow signs in Thai.

Any know what they said ?

Plus a few more banners handing across Soi 4 , and a big one near the NANA skytrain station in English.

Hopefully they will get together as a single force to push for the rezoning .

Not many people have talked about this, but many people's livelihoods depend upon the entertainment businesses.

All the hotels, the restaurants, food sellers, the street vendors, haircut services, retail stores, etc. in the sukhumvit area.

Carrying it futher, what about rents and condo prices? Will they suddenly decrease or decrease over time. Glad i don't have a condo or bussiness in the sukhumvit area. We will soon find out what really the plaza and other entertainment places meant to the sukhumvit area.

At the same time, it could represent a boom or shift to these entertainment zones. Will silom become the desirable place to stay and function for the sex tourist or even some ex-pats?

Some interesting times and changes lie ahead....

Cardinalblue

Glad i don't have a condo or bussiness in the sukhumvit area.

Funny you should say that. I guess in most countries around the world the prices of real estate would surge if the neighbourhood would be freed of prostitution and the "scum" that's usually associated with it.

Cheers,

soongmak

soongmak said:

Glad i don't have a condo or bussiness in the sukhumvit area.

Funny you should say that. I guess in most countries around the world the prices of real estate would surge if the neighbourhood would be freed of prostitution and the "scum" that's usually associated with it.

Cheers,

soongmak

Yes but how many other cities in the world have areas which have prospered because of a thriving tourist base which itself has only grown due to its sex trade? Maybe you cannot compare an area like sukhumvit to the real estate in any other city in the world? Besides I know plenty of scum in parts of many cities in the world where there is no prostitution. Likewise I know of many parts of cities in the world where there is prostitution and very little crime and scum and yet real estate prices are higher than other parts of the city! I can begin listing examples if you like? Crikey I think I even confused myself writing that one... ::

Archived