Mobile phone in Bangkok

gsoutien

Kuhn,

wherer are you going to be???? MBK, Pantip, Hollywood, Zeer out by the airport (very cheap) or even try Tesco Lotus at the On Nut station. If you are going to be traveling get a tri band just to include 900, 1800, and 1900 (US) Mghz bands. Check about the locking out of some systems. You can have the phopne unlocked real cheap if need be. I have a US phone, Unlocked, and have two different nations Sim cards.

there are lots of threads on this one.If you can't find what oyu need pm me and I'll send you the AIS web site info etc.

Air time is very chaep in thailand, same same as boom boom

MBK. But then again I always end up buying at a reputable shop like Jay Mart anyway because I like my phones un-tampered with fresh out of the shrink-wrap box and am willing to pay 100-500 baht extra for the privilege of getting a true virgin phone. :) So then you might as well buy at any convenient Jay Mart; they're all over the place.

MBK can be a bit overwhelming. MBK is worth it though if you're looking for a second hand phone or get your current phone 'helped' if your provider locked your phone to their own service.

But.... Motorola???????? EEEEEeeeeeeeeeuwww!! Unless you're religious about 'buying American' (seems to be the only reason why people get them??) I would go for anything else. (Like Nokia/SonyEricsson/Samsung depending on what you need in a phone) And make it a tri-band of course so you can use it in the US. (You are from the US right.. I mean.. even considering Motorola... :-) :-)

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 5 months later...

The Motorola V525 and V600 are actually very highly regarded phones. They are quad band (850/900/1800/1900) and have excellent displays provided by Sharp. I know Motorolas are not always the most reliable but I've gone through two Nokia's and a couple of Siemens and I'm now thinking about getting one of these.

Archived