Story of an Idiot (Part 6)

TroyinEwa/Perv

Now this has to pick up when I arrive home in early October from story 5. Nit and I talked a bit about what it would take to get out of the bar biz. She has been there for several years and has lots of friends and customers. She came up with a figure and I said that was too much to send and it was dropped. I called more and more almost daily at this point. Emails were flying back and forth. I had fallen in love with her and since her bf was gone, I was "Number 1" she said.

I also sent 1 email to Lek to thank her for taking time to see me and I really enjoyed seeing her. I still care for her and hope all the best for her. I got a nice response and I'll have more on her later.

Sometime in November, I hadn't received an email back from about 3 that I sent to Nit. I gave her a call and asked where she was. She said Ayutthaya. I asked what she was doing there and she said she was with a customer. Well, something came over me and I said go back home and quit the bar. I will pay whatever you want to get out. I couldn't believe I just said that. I was pissed, jealous and hurt. I was 15,000 miles away and couldn't do anything. My gf was getting boned by some guy and I just couldn't handle it anymore. She said I have period, we don't make love. He just wants someone to go with. I am dumb but not that dumb. I know she has to make money but it was like a switch was flipped in me and I didn't want her to do this anymore.

So, I starting making 2 monthly payments to her at her requested price. At first we agreed she would quit working inside the bar as a waitress and go outside and be hello girl. This lasted about 2 weeks and we mutually agreed that she would quit altogether. She had enough of bar work she said. Almost 5 years she said was enough. She bought herself a tv for her room and that was where she would spend most of her day. Anytime I would call, she was always either there or just getting food outside. She would about once a week go to visit her friends at the bar which is completely understandable. She gave me her assurance she was not going with customers and I have to trust her.

January 4th rolls around and I am to launch that day. I work for an airline so if I wanna fly cheap charlie, I have to fly if there is an open seat. The flight to Tokyo is overbooked but still think I have a good chance to make it. DENIED. Flight goes over and they pay off 5 people. Shit. Plan B. There is a flight to HNL leaving in about 2 hours and I would have to overnight and the flight to Tokyo the next day is fine. Problem is the Honolulu flight is overbooked as well. Waiting, waiting........I get the VERY last seat. I have never been so happy to see seat 19G in my whole life.

I arrive HNL about 730p. I lived there for about 10 years so have plenty of contacts. Call my buddy who works for Air Canada. He is working so takes him just minutes to get there. He says no problem to stay at his place then offers me his BMW for the evening. Just pick him up at 2am when he is done. So, I have a place, a car and am alone in HNL for 6 hours. Cool. I dump him back at work, drive over to his place and shower and off to Kapiolani. My favorite area. Go back to see some old friends and spend in one night what would have been a weeks worth of Eden visits. What a dope. The title of this drivil is truly showing now.

Back to the airport to get my buddy, back home and I do some computer work and get ready to get up in a couple hours for my 9am flight.

Alarm goes off and the haze is thick. Long flight the day before, now with a hangover and still have 20 hours to go. Oh well.......shit, shower, shave and get to the airport. I look at the list of employees going and I see 2 people I used to work with and they are both going to BKK. COOL. We all get on the plane, one is with his Japanese gf I never met so I get introduced and we have a nice drunken flight over to Tokyo. The one guy has a Thai gf and has been going over monthly until her visa comes through. The other guy with the Japanese gf was just going for a couple days. In Tokyo, he looks at the return flights from BKK and decides they are too full. He just stays in Tokyo then and we say our goodbyes. I am disappointed cuz I haven't seen him in about 3 years or so and it would have been nice to catch up.

So the 4 hours go by very slowly in NRT. I grab a 1/2 shower cuz the day rooms are all full. Man those shower rooms are small. I am a small guy too. I can't imagine a six footer, 200 pound guy in one of those things.

I feel good after the shower and get my boarding pass to BKK. 6 hours and I will be there. I am pretty excited now to see Nit. I try not to think too much about her on the ride cuz time goe alot slower then. I am too excited anyway and when they board the flight, I am the first one on. I get nabbed by the security people and they about strip me with all the people walking past down the jetways. Instead of first on, I am about middle of the pack now. No problem, I got lucky and got a business seat. Settle in, paper, beer and headset. I am ready for the ride.

I wake up about 30 minutes before landing and now can hardly wait. I am thinking of the plan. If it is a bus gate, get to the opposite side of the bus and stand. Regular gate, quick pace and moving sidewalks. God, I hope there is not a line at immigration. Turns out we get a regular gate. I am first off and do my best Olympic fast walk to immigration. I had seen United's flight arrive about the same time so I was nervous about the lines. Not too bad though, I get through in about 5 minutes. I change a small amount of money and grab my taxi for Sukhumvit. I am always curious if I will get Mario Andretti or Grandpa for a driver. This time was Mario Andretti's son. I think a new speed record was set. Weaving in and out like a mad man, I got to Sukhumvit in about 15 minutes. 169 baht for him plus small tip for risking his life to get me there in time for drinks.

Check in, shower off, and down Soi 3 I go to Nana............More in Part 7. I swear, this will end soon.

>So, I starting making 2 monthly payments to her at her requested price. At first we agreed she would quit working inside the bar as a waitress and go outside and be hello girl. This lasted about 2 weeks and we mutually agreed that she would quit altogether. She had enough of bar work she said. Almost 5 years she said was enough. She bought herself a tv for her room and that was where she would spend most of her day. Anytime I would call, she was always either there or just getting food outside. She would about once a week go to visit her friends at the bar which is completely understandable. She gave me her assurance she was not going with customers and I have to trust her. <

I'm starting to have this dreadful sinking feeling of 'deja vu'

Can't wait to hear the end.

Archived