Pattaya - English Breakfast?

Singhaman

Guys, I am off to Pattaya this weekend and was told by a friend that there is a great english Pub who serves a huge

english breakfast for arround 120THB. Does anyone know

where that could be? Sure, I know a lot but after 7 years there is still a lot to learn as well. Thanks for the help, guys!

Cheers :beer:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant confirm the price you have been quoted as I dont really look, however I imagine your "friend" was referring to the Pig and Whistle. They provide traditional English fayre, I can personally vouch for the breakfast and the steak and chips.

One crticism I do have of the place is that the lighting is a bit too dim.

STH

Give Palmers a go on Soi Pattayaland 2 - repeatedly gets best English breakfast awards in Pattayamail.

Pleasuredome, Soi Post Office, highly recommended too. V friendly boss there.

For an absolute pig out try Apex Hotel breakfast smorgasboard. As much as you can eat for 95 baht and bottomless coffee.

And if you're down Jomtien way, try Yorkie's Pork Platter (far end of beach). Norman is a Yorkshireman, been a butcher all his life and is a walking advert for his products. He cures his own pork and bacon, and supplies black pudding, sausages and pork pies as far afield as Bangkok.

:beer:

robaus - quality mate, I wish I'd have known about Yorkie's Pork Platter before. (Even though, as a Lancastrian it pains me to put more money in Yorkshireman's deep pockets ;))

..and yes - Thai food is luvverly and all that but sometimes, just sometimes, the Full Monty artery-hardening, grease laden Fat Fest is the only thing that will make a pisshead recover.

(Robaus - important point though; does he have real English mustard? Not that insipid baby-sick squeezy bottle stuff that Mary-Anne's put on their hotdogs, but real Colman's (Norwich NR1 2DD) battlefield nuclear capability English Mustard?)

lazyphil said:

I guess you take a food blender to los.

But of course! STH mashes it up for me and then it is administered by IV. (French: Idiot de Village)

Nnng, nnng, ngg, nggggg ("Carew says ' are you eating that fried bread or can I have it?'")

Hopefully, Yorkie's will be able to do a 'Meals on Wheels' service for ya Phil. Delivered piping hot to the Day Room at the Jomtien Seaview Rest Home for Distressed Gentlefolk (Prop: Mr V. Idiot and Co.)

:neener:

carew66 said:

Seconded.

There is a 'small' English breakfast and a large one.

The 'small' one is big. Christ knows how big the big one is.

For an alternative Fatboy's special then Shennanigins has got real black pudding as well.

Mmmm - black pudding.

Real Black Pudding don't take the pi..... unles its imported from my neck of the woods its not real :neener:

Only two days to go :beer:

How did the wake for the Kings Head go?? :(

Archived