a nice way to dine

MrX

You know those medium size clay pots full of water which are heated by burning embers and you cook bits of meat , fish and vegetables inside the pot, something like swiss fondue...well I recently discovered that for 150baht you can have one delivered to a bar in SC no problem and get to share a meal with your tilac and all her friends.....makes a change from the warm beer

Is it that German Beer Garden across the street from the Old Dutch? I've had other food from there delivered to SC bars. If so, the bad news is that according to Stickman this week, it's closing.

rompandadam said:

got the impression it wasnt...seemed to be from somewhere further along the soi 23 towards sukumvit ..but will ask on Sunday

I believe it is a night stand similar to the one between NanaPlaza and Dynasty

Also really like the Noodle soup from the stand near the Asoke Rd and Suk intersection

Suki is the short name for the japanese cuisine sukiyaki that is like a chef salad of soup; you throw tons of different things in the pot on your table. Shabu shabu is also a japanese soup cooked at your table, but the ingredients are delicately thin slices of beef with various mushrooms and cabbage. While sukiyaki can be good tasting and fun, shabu shabu done right is one of the most delicious dishes on the planet! Definitiely in my top 10 dishes I've ever had.

Haven't had shabu shabu outside japan so can't say how good it is in LOS. But I do enjoy suki places in LOS like MK and there's also an outdoor suki place on soi 22 that's good and cheap. The other thing is even though I don't see Thai's taking advantage, MK has some really good dim sum and other chinese cuisine.

Archived