A few go-go bar 'tips' for newbies (unfinished)

MrX

It's really not needed in Thailand, you can act more gentleman like

I have never been one to just hand out banknotes (or inserting them anywhere)

I don't recall having seen it done much in the LOS - but I am not always the most observant of folk, esp after a few beers.

some people are a bit overly anal

Having seen one of the recent polls I have no doubt ::

I am surprised more of the girls don't walk like John Wayne :p

> I don't recall having seen it done much in the LOS -

Me neither. I do see it sometimes though. So when it came up in a thread about 'newbie tips' I felt extra compelled to jump in and put in my 2 satangs worth.. ;-)

Then again it would be a good way to recognize newbies in bars.. Don't think many 'old hands' hand out (real) money to dancers while on stage? I can feel a poll coming up. ;-)

I sometimes enter a bar with the clear mission of trying to look like a newbie and see if I can re-capture the spirit of times gone by. But I usually give myself away on the little things, like look at the TV showing some dim cable show with wheeled remote controlled vehicles destroying each other. That's a big no no I think, when the girls see you find robot vehicles on wheels more interesting than pussy in stage, they just know you're jaded. :-P

Also their memory is too good. Do the happy hour thing at Doll House just once (drink as many 30 baht gin tonics as humanly possible before 8:30pm, then leave) and they will remember you for the rest of their lives. :)

Cheers,

Chanchao

"Then again it would be a good way to recognize newbies in bars.. Don't think many 'old hands' hand out (real) money to dancers while on stage? "

I would never consider myself an "old Hand" I've only been around for close to a decade...well in LOS.

Giving money out is a personal thing...

I like sitting next to the stage and talking/playing with the dancers. I hand out 100 to 3/100 bht notes for every two songs girls that I consider to be able to move dance too. This enables me to have quality always in front of me with the enjoyment of a friendly conversation or flirting with the more attractive girls. I like watching! I enjoy sexy dancing and it normally encourages any girl I've picked up along the way to get on stage and move for me. I believe that if a girl can dance she most likely is good in bed once she calms down. There are always starfish but not usually.

SB

Then again it would be a good way to recognize newbies in bars.. Don't think many 'old hands' hand out (real) money to dancers while on stage? I can feel a poll coming up. ;-)

must confess embarrassedly to be an old hand by some criteria and I often give money to ladies on the stage (who I know already).....the reasons for the proviso being that they know it doesn't mean they should necessarily join me for a drink, or worse, later, it acknowledges the contribution they will (or will not) make to my go-go visit without them having to badger me for a drink when they finish dancing, and of course it cuts out the middleman (bar) ie my money benefits isaan more.

> the poster is referring to one of it`s most obvious

> characteristics. It doesn`t move around much

Yes, and when beached just lies there with 'legs' spread wide. :)

> (bar) ie my money benefits isaan more.

Give enough and they may name a province after you? ;-)

Rompanburi or something.. ;-)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived