100baht Beer Chang special - Cathouse

Redbaron

I think I know the guy he's refering to as "Boss Hog" and no it isn't him, not by a long shot!

As to the chilli competition, despite being a brit, I too have a wonderful recipe :) , but I don't want to break the boundaries between online and real life. May have to find a proxy to submit it!

Hip,

Yep, one of my theories is the scrounger spiked my drink. 5 or 6 beers over 4 hours (4-8) is simply too little for a bad reaction for me. A mate of mine in Phuket and I used to throw the changs down by the case. Cheap charlies that we are.

TC,

Yep, I couldn't believe it. At 4pm and 8pm they were all ice cold, on both nights. We thought there must have been a hidden frij somewhere as the bar was packed both nights, and they seemed to be getting delivered by the ship load.

Never suspected your staff of foul play. We've never had a bad moment at the Cathouse. As you well know, a 100b all you can drink special attracts some 'different' types. No harm done in the end.

Obviously a case of mistaken identity re: Boss Hogg. This guy always seems to be wearing a Hog's Breath tshirt. XL. Someone in the past pointed him out as being BH, looks like he was ill informed.

Hope the chilli's still on next year, keep up the good work.

That is definitely not Boss Hog. Not even close in either appearance or demeanor. That is Scot. Also known as Chang Noi of the band by the same name. His band played New Years eve in center of Nana Plaza for several years. He's also the model used as the basis for the heavy set cartoon character with the chain saw arms in the Hutch commercial and billboards. Scot can make or fix anything electrical, mechanical or computer. Comes from Texas and speaks fluent Russian. Also plays a very mean Rock & Roll guitar. Don't know what I'd do without him. A regular local character. A good guy and my friend.

TopCat said:

This is as good a time as any to mention that I've been thinking about it's time to do some kind of NanaPlaza.com appreciation day. I was thinking of a free BBQ from say noon until 4 on a Sunday afternoon in the next two or three weeks. <snip> Any feed back on this would be appreciated. Let me know.

Wait until just before Songkhran. I don't arrive until April 7, around midnight! Should be many other NP'ers there at that time.

OK...Sunday afternoon April 11. I'll make some stuff and burn some meat. Perhaps some chickens they haven't culled yet. Free. I'll think of a tequila stupid thing to do.

Anybody interested in challanging my Extrordinalrily Sensous Chili in a Chili cookoff with a blind tasting by a panel of totally unqualified judges let me know.

All this, and less, to say thanks to NanaPlaza.com members for their support over the last couple years.

I'll post more details later.

Archived