Salary Cut - What To Do ?, No prior permission for

MaakSiDa

Maaksida

When you mean cut - do you mean a deduction was made because of the missing day or the monthly amount has been permanently cut?

Where are you? Could you have done 2 trips in separate bites and turned up part of the day for work?

As bad as it sounds, depending on the school, even if you had asked permission for leave beforehand they might have classed it as being absent, even though you were doing it to be legal. And lots of places will deduct money for teachers being absent.

Have a chat with whoever your boss is but do it politely, and dont hold your breath and dont bitch too much when they say no.

If you like the job - stay. If you dont - move when you have a new job. There are plenty of other places

• 2 weeks later...

"My salary was cut by my employer last month as I was absent without prior notice, "

I have to say I agree wtih your boss. Whether you agree wtih his reason to have you in the office 40 hours a week or not, that is the agreement (writtien or not) that you have with him. If your boss can't count on you to take care of your responsibilities (whether you agree wtih his purpose or not), you let him down.

RickF

Archived